Home salon and insurance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caroline

Reaction score
Hi guys,
To those of you that work from home, did you have any hassle with your home insurance. I have my own beauty insurance with AIT.I rang my house insurance company letting them know I will be doing some treatments at home and they told me my home policy will be void when I start. What have you girls done to overcome this issue? I live in Ireland xx

Ps I've tried about 8 insurance companies looking for home and part business cover and they refuse too. :-(

No because I always use Balens and Co. they only provide appropriate insurance for therapists as they understand the industry.

Give them a call.

I'm insured with Towergate connect i am insured as long as I keep my business fairly small.

I'm insured with Towergate connect i am insured as long as I keep my business fairly small.

Have they specified / quantified "fairly small"? Just be careful they don't all of a sudden say oh you had 11 clients last week and we think 8 is fairly small so you aren't covered.

Finding an insurer has got much harder in the last few years.

I use home protect.

I have the double whammy of working from home...AND having a lodger. So getting an insurer is very difficult. Most companies will accept either home-working or lodger, but rarely both.

I've used a mix of brokers ( Like A-plan ) and online serches to find insurers.

Hi
I have had some hard times finding an insurance company to cover me working from home untill I found Balens.As Fozzy said , worth to give them a call .

Latest posts

Back