Home Salon in a Houseshare??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LizWheat

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I am eventually wanting to set up a home salon, it is my dream.

My lounge is hardly ever used and is a good space so would love to (eventually) turn it into my home salon.

But I have one problem, I live in a houseshare :sad: and the lounge is everybodies so I would have to speak to them all first to see how they felt about me using it soley as a salon and perhaps offer to pay them money. My main concern though would be my clients....would they feel comfortable having treatments in a househare?

Would really appreciate your thoughts on this.

Thanks x

My first thought is whether the landlord is happy about having a business in the house and then to ask your housemates how they feel. I would contact your landlord and run it past him, there is a few regulations about having businesses from home :) good luck following your dream though, being your own boss Is amazing :)

As Stephanie said I would really talk to your landlord. I'm opening a second treatment room this one from my house and I rent. I asked my landlord prior to doing anything and he was ok with it as long as I didn't advertise on the house itself.

The second thing is once you get permission talk to your roommates. They may not want people tracking trough their house even if it is shared, I know I wouldn't. If they say it's ok does your room close with a door, as you also have to get them to realize that when you have clients try have to be quiet.

If it was me I would honestly try and find a place to rent as it might be a bit difficult to open a place where your living now.

IMHO this has trouble written all over it. It is hard enough living in a shared house anyway without adding anything else into the mix to cause tension x

Thank you all so much for your replies!
I think your all right and if my landlord did agree, realistically it just wouldn't work. It would be one thing taking a room away from my housemates but expecting them to keep quiet too is asking a bit much.

Thank you all for your replies..Deep down I prob knew it wouldn't be the best thing but just didn't want to admit it :-( perhaps ill look into renting somewhere.

Thanks again! X

Could you do it mobile instead?

Thank you all so much for your replies!
I think your all right and if my landlord did agree, realistically it just wouldn't work. It would be one thing taking a room away from my housemates but expecting them to keep quiet too is asking a bit much.

Thank you all for your replies..Deep down I prob knew it wouldn't be the best thing but just didn't want to admit it :-( perhaps ill look into renting somewhere.

Thanks again! X

dont think itd work either but defo look to rent out and dont loose sight of ur dream. x

I recently sold my car as it had too much wrong with it. I am in the process of saving for another car so going mobile maybe a better idea when i get my car. :)

I recently sold my car as it had too much wrong with it. I am in the process of saving for another car so going mobile maybe a better idea when i get my car. :)

now theres a great idea! :D

I think this would make it virtually impossible for you to get contents insurance. I cannot see your housemates being ok with it and I also feel that clients would be less comfortable with it.

I am all for home salons, I have one myself but I just don't feel that this is ideal. Might be ok to do friends and family but not full paying proper clients.

Sorry:sad:

Latest posts

Back