Home Salons - Beauty Waste

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

essentia

Reaction score
Just wondered what everyone does with the waste from their salon - specifically home based ones. It has come to my attention that old waxing strips/wax from brazilians and general waste should be disposed of separately from the normal household rubbish. Also if there are any electrolysis users - what do you do when getting rid of your sharps boxes?

Thanksx

Just wondered what everyone does with the waste from their salon - specifically home based ones. It has come to my attention that old waxing strips/wax from brazilians and general waste should be disposed of separately from the normal household rubbish. Also if there are any electrolysis users - what do you do when getting rid of your sharps boxes?

Thanksx

I dont offer eloctrolysis, so cant help on that, but my normal salon waste just goes in my household waste! I spoke to my council when I originaly opened, (im a salon in my garden of my house) and they didnt say any differant. hth x

You need to check out what your local authority say about clinical waste etc, as for sharpes boxes try asking your local doctors surgery, my surgery take mine and I give them a donation towards the surgery.

Thanks for replies - I will contact my local surgery.:)

Clinical waste should be disposed of in yellow bags clearly marked for incineration. General beauty salon waste does not constitute clinical waste.

There are plenty of companies who offer clinical/sharps waste disposal services (google them). Some ambulance services offer sharps disposal for a fee also. You need to check with your local ambulance service. Your local chemist may also offer sharps collection for a fee. A lot of GP's do not like to take on this service - although there is always the exception. X hth.

Latest posts

Back