Home Study - what do you think?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire x

Reaction score
Hi All

Need your advice, I am really keen to learn all aspects of beauty therapy (currently qualified in nails only, soon to be training for spraytanning) but all the courses in my area don't start until September which is a while away, and also there don't seem to be any evening courses where I could learn everything. I would need to take on seperate courses which cost around £70 - £80 each.

I have come across a web site which offers a beauty course (which includes everything waxing, facial care, make up etc) for £195 but the only thing is it is home studying.

Has anyone done this or heard about it - what do you think?

Thanks

Claire x

Don't do it Claire. You really do need to be with others to learn. It may be only £199, but you could put that towards a course. Good luck. x

Claire x said:
Hi All

Need your advice, I am really keen to learn all aspects of beauty therapy (currently qualified in nails only, soon to be training for spraytanning) but all the courses in my area don't start until September which is a while away, and also there don't seem to be any evening courses where I could learn everything. I would need to take on seperate courses which cost around £70 - £80 each.

I have come across a web site which offers a beauty course (which includes everything waxing, facial care, make up etc) for £195 but the only thing is it is home studying.

Has anyone done this or heard about it - what do you think?

Thanks

Claire x
I would definately advise against doing a home study for beauty therapy.There is an awful lot pf practical and you need to see this carried out 'in the flesh',so to speak.I really dont see how these home study courses expect you to watch a DVD then be able to practice what you have seen.How can a person know if they are doing things correctly?what if your unsure about any aspect seen on the DVD?There are part time college courses,It was 2 days a week for a year.Not sure what other colleges do now.You get an NVQ qualification and personally I think you will feel a lot more confident than you would if you did a home study.Good luck in your decision.

Hi Claire,

Before you consider anything at least read this first I posted this last week.

I was doing a home study course until last week and I just want to the thank those of you who helped me make that decision. I have been unhappy with this course for a few weeks and felt as though I wasn't learning anything. Next week I will be returning my course pack back to the company and I will now do a pedicure course and get my mobile business up and running in the near future.

I hope this makes you think before enrolling on a home study course.

In my opinion the best way to learn is by doing a course with a reputable company and the best home learn company is Essential Nails. The only place to learn Beauty Therapy is at college.

P.S I am grateful for the fact that if I hadn't posted this on here, I could have done this course and mightened have got a job. So its best to know now rather than later.

Home Study have told me I will receive a full refund of the £195 I paid. I don't think you get any fairer than that.

Latest posts

Back