Hopi ear candle treatment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As with any operator in any line of business there is good and bad and yep it is indeed wrong to promote a treatment in such a way which is misleading.:irked:

In this day and age and given the popularity of this particular treatment generally speaking there is in reality really little hard or misleading sell going on from the therapists themselves....the manufacturers of course could well be a whole different ball game.

The reason therapists don't need to do much in the way of a hard sell is because many simply put the treatment on their menu of treatments for their customers as simply an option .

Given that most consumers are aware of the possible benefits or if they think its ...well crap...then they have either the option to or not to have said treatment...:)

At the end of the day it is the consumers call....if they are hoodwinked somehow in having a treatment and it doesn't work for them they simply wont have it done again.

Given the number of individuals that return time and time again to have the treatment...then...and in their minds eye...... it clearly does something for them...other wise they would not part with their hard earned bucks a second,third,foth time etc etc.:idea:

Whilst banned in some countries it is not here in the UK and it is a treatment that many "feel" they derive a benifit from....in consequence and given that therapists here are generally speaking extremely picky on what they offer their clients as a treatment then it further follows that they deserve as much professional respect as therapists who undertake many other treatments and I for one really don't see the need or the rationale behind the need for these types of threads to be trashed or those therapists that undertake the treatment within a country where it is legitimised are treated as being either profiteers or some kind of an ancient witch.

There are many treatments that to one professional may deem as being odd or pointless and just because one may believe so there still remains the need for professional respect between ...well professionals isn't there ???

:hug::hug::hug:

there still remains the need for professional respect between ...well professionals isn't there ???
:hug::hug::hug:

Thank goodness for professionalism and ... common sense.

I'm really horrified at seeing this aired once more.

I have done my own research, on and off this site and have established that there is no real theraupitic effect. It is for this reason than that I would never carry out or recommend this treatment.

I personally despise this sort of practise and see no place for it in a professional salon or on this site.

Thats my only gripe with it....how its being sold....on what mertits...that it can cure/help with medical conditions...or just becouse its nice...:idea:

Where does it say that it can cure ??? :irked:!!!! A therapist never says that it can cure an ailment, they can help relieve symptoms, but no therapy can cure anything, be it massage, aromatherapy, reflexology, it's a complementary therapy meaning it can be done along side conventional medicine.

With this being such a contentious issue on here maybe it should be kept for the social groups - Salon Geek - Ear candlers united Perhaps all future threads should be directed there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back