Hopi Ear Candles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmmaClare85

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Wanted to pick your brains :) I have been offered a place on a half day course this Sunday doing Hopi ear candles...

What do you think? Is this a popular treatment? Do you have many people request this??

Let me know what you think...

Thanks Emma xxx

I'm on a course for this in Feb unless it gets cancelled like it did last year
:-(

Had a few queries from my mates but nothing serious... It's more for me at this stage then when I get certificate, I'll push it.

Really into holistic stuff that's why I say this... X

I am qualified in Hopi ear candles... I am mobile. I have had alot of enquiries into it but no interest as of yet. I am not sure if I am charging too much but if I charge any less I may as well not do it at all :-( I am doing an introductory price which is below what I would normally charge. I would be very interested to hear if this is more popular in a holistic environment?

I charge £25 for them. I know it's a bit low but I also include a neck and shoulder massage for an extra £10 which I was hoping more people would go for. As it turns out I had my first booking for them along with a luxury mani, doing that Friday so will see if she rebooks. x

I charge £25 for them. I know it's a bit low but I also include a neck and shoulder massage for an extra £10 which I was hoping more people would go for. As it turns out I had my first booking for them along with a luxury mani, doing that Friday so will see if she rebooks. x
I am offering 25% discount which is slighty less than you are charging and everyone that has enquired has not booked :-~ it seemed very popular when I added it to my services but no bookings yet. Only doing them on friends and family who love them!!!

I am offering 25% discount which is slighty less than you are charging and everyone that has enquired has not booked :-~ it seemed very popular when I added it to my services but no bookings yet. Only doing them on friends and family who love them!!!

Is that because they're free for friends and family? It's always the way... I was surprised she booked it to be honest! I don't carry them in stock, just go grab a pair when I need them because I do so little and far between bit if she rebooks I'll have an excuse to buy a few lol.

To the OP I'd say definitely do the training. You won't lose anything and you may gain a few extra clients :) x

i dont think hopi ear candles are a popular treatment nowdays people either dont know what is involved in the treatment,probably think its quite pricey and i find nowdays alot of people are having treatments that make them LOOK good instead of FEEL good..but it still worth having an extra qualification under your belt so id defo doit and you can adapt it around other treatments ie facials aswell.:)

I have to say, although my Hopi clients are few, I've done 9 treatments since April, I have noticed recently that more and more are coming because their doctors have been recommending them as a treatment, especially for compacted wax, maybe the medical world is finally catching up! It's a really lovely treatment though x

Aww some great advice!! Thank you....personally it's not something I would have on a regular basis but I am interested in it and reading you posts I think it would be a nice relaxing treatment to add.

I love the idea of adapting it around a facial, was something I was thinking of...I plan on learning Indian head massage and thought this could possibly go hand in hand with this as well??

If any of you mind telling me how much you would charge for the Hopi treatment I would be so great full...private message me if you don't mind and would rather tell me that way? :)

Cx

i think it depend on your area really and what competition you have around you.but i dont think hopi ear candles are cheap as you cant reuse them or anything so think of that.i know that you can charge from 20 to 25 pounds depending on whats including i.e pressure point massage etc.

its a very popular treatment and people return to have it on a regular basis.

Hopi candles aren't a cure...its maintenance so with people with sinusitis, rhinitis and hayfever they will be able to maintain their condition in a better way.

The candles also have an accumulative effect so you may find that the clients have longer and longer between appointments.

I see about 6 people a month for this treatment and most book the longer treatment to incorporate a face massage.

I also include a facial massage in my treatment and charge £26. Takes about 45 minutes. Hth x

its a very popular treatment and people return to have it on a regular basis.

Hopi candles aren't a cure...its maintenance so with people with sinusitis, rhinitis and hayfever they will be able to maintain their condition in a better way.

The candles also have an accumulative effect so you may find that the clients have longer and longer between appointments.

I see about 6 people a month for this treatment and most book the longer treatment to incorporate a face massage.

Thank you for that...I have done some research on this before thinking about taking a course in it..I have found both prositive and negative comments about the treatment. I personally think it sounds like a lovely treatment. I would always include the facial massage in my treatment..

Thank you for your feedback - Thank you to everyone for their feedback.

:)

I have seen a big increase in the interest in Hopi Ear Candle treatment recently. As many above have said, it never hurts to have another string to your bow, so to speak. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back