Hopi ear candling

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atouchofbeautyx

Reaction score
My mum had recently got a Hopi ear treatment done, and the therapist had pushed the cotton bud into her ear to clean any residue afterwards. She had pushed into the ear canal a few times and really hurt her. My mum had stated to the therapist that it was really sore and the therapist said she was trying to get a bit of ear wax out. I'm worried she may have damaged the ear drum as when my mum had come home she was in a lot of pain and had to take paracetamol and now today had to take another 2 as the pain is now down her neck? The cotton bud should have only been used to clean the outer ear and not the inner ear

I did send the therapist a message I'm just waiting on her getting back to me

Any ideas as I'm worried she's damaged my mums ear

Hi there, I am trained in Hopi ear candles and have been for some time now and can safely say I have never used a cotton bud and certainly never pushed one into the ear canal of a client. This doesn't sound right at all to me, I would be interested to hear what reply the therapist sends back to you. Tara Xx

She had said "my mum said it was sore and didn't go into the ear but just round the top as there was a lot of runny wax unless she had an infection and brought it to surface with the ear candling and that's why it was sore"

I've done Hopi ear on my mum many of times and never once been sore on anyone. My mum also didn't have any infections

Latest posts

Back