Horizontal ridges on toenails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail Perfection

Reaction score
I've noticed ridges on one big toe and both toes next to big toe. I understand these are "beau's" lines. I'm curious as to whether this could be caused by me being over zealous with my prep therefore causing injury or illness?
A year ago I was diagnosed with kidney cancer and had kidney and spleen removed. Only had surgery no chemo, only Meds I'm on are penicillin daily.
Does anyone else have these ridges on toenails?

Coul be lots of different things in your case, all of which you've mentioned. Nails, fingers or toes are a huge indicator of your health and you've certainly been through it recently so I'd expect to see lots of indications on your nails. Ridges, white spots, onycholysis, etc. will be common in your situation, immediately after your bout of ill health and potentially ongoing.

Only you know if you've been heavy handed during pedicure work, it's entirely possible but worth keeping in mind going forward and being vigilant.

It's also possible the med will have some ongoing effect too, impossible to say definitely as it's individual.

Thanks for your reply. I'll keep an eye on things and hope the worst is over.

Thanks for your reply. I'll keep an eye on things and hope the worst is over.

I had complex PTSD thanks to several years at the mercy of a stalker. These are most likely Beau’s lines, I got them on my toes too. They will grow out as your system repairs. They represent past trauma that affected your matrix causing irregularities - generally caused by chronic long term stress, illness and medication - by the time you can see them they represent a moment long gone, hopefully!

If your health has improved these mementos of trauma will pass and all will be well again. Wishing you well...

Wow thanks for your positive answer. I have been under stress lately and hopefully it's all behind me now. I'll look at those ridges differently now x

Latest posts

Back