Hormonal acne

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danielle27

Reaction score
Hello,

Wondering if anyone has any help or advice......

I stopped the pill in March and since then my skin has got worse and worse to the point where I now have acne. I'm so down about it as I always used to have good skin with an occasional spot around my period.

I have really good skin care so not concerned about that, I have a fairly healthy diet, I drink lots of water and eat plenty of fruit although my veg intake could be improved some days. I do however have a sweet tooth and I'm partial to a little bit of chocolate now and again.

I'm convinced its internal, diet/hormones and not skin care but wondered if anyone had any dietary advice or any advice generally. Any help would be great, I'm so down with this :(

Thanks

Can you tell us what your skincare is?

There are some great supplements available from the IIAA called Accumax which are great for hormonal breakouts.

If you could list your skin routine it would really help. Also your make up.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Can you tell us what your skincare is?

There are some great supplements available from the IIAA called Accumax which are great for hormonal breakouts.

If you could list your skin routine it would really help. Also your make up.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi, thanks for replying.

I use liz earle skin care, cleanse and polish in the morning, tone, moisturise then the same at night but double cleanse, tone and moisturise using the one for oily skin, also an eye cream but no issues around the eye area.
I use liz earle deep cleansing mask twice sometimes 3 times a week. I don't exfoliate for fear for spreading bacteria with pustules.

Make up I use Mii (I think that's what it's called) mineral powder, liz earle blusher and mascara.

Thanks again xx

The exact same thing happened to me! My skin was awful! I started using skin truth products which really helped! My skin is back to normal now after 16 months off the pill. It just takes a while to come out of your system x

The exact same thing happened to me! My skin was awful! I started using skin truth products which really helped! My skin is back to normal now after 16 months off the pill. It just takes a while to come out of your system x

Did you try to change your diet to help or eat less sugar and diary? I've read that can help.........

I've tried everything for mine, I tried all skincare, from environ to arbonne, no-one of it works for me. I changed my duet. But I read on here that it can take over a year to clear hormonal acne. My Dr has referred me to dermatologists so im hoping that will help.

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

I've tried everything for mine, I tried all skincare, from environ to arbonne, no-one of it works for me. I changed my duet. But I read on here that it can take over a year to clear hormonal acne. My Dr has referred me to dermatologists so im hoping that will help.

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

I feel like I've tried a fair few skin care ranges now and non seem to make any difference. I'm also taking evening primrose 1300mg twice daily, now onto my second bottle and no difference. I wasn't sure if I should go to the doc yet as it's only been 6 months since I stopped the pill.

I hope you get the right help and support from the dermatologist.

Can I ask what make up you use? I never used to wear a lot of make up but now feel like I'm putting loads on just to cover up. I'm using a mineral powder but I don't know if it's enough coverage. Xxx

Did you try to change your diet to help or eat less sugar and diary? I've read that can help.........

No I just had a better skin care regime. But like I said it just sorted itself out over time x

No I just had a better skin care regime. But like I said it just sorted itself out over time x

True, patience is a virtue as they say. :)

I feel like I've tried a fair few skin care ranges now and non seem to make any difference. I'm also taking evening primrose 1300mg twice daily, now onto my second bottle and no difference. I wasn't sure if I should go to the doc yet as it's only been 6 months since I stopped the pill.

I hope you get the right help and support from the dermatologist.

Can I ask what make up you use? I never used to wear a lot of make up but now feel like I'm putting loads on just to cover up. I'm using a mineral powder but I don't know if it's enough coverage. Xxx

For years I used Climique anti blemish but currently using arbonne. It's the only make up that covers and doesn't look cakey. I'm just praying for the dermatologist to fix me. I look dreadful with or without make up

For years I used Climique anti blemish but currently using arbonne. It's the only make up that covers and doesn't look cakey. I'm just praying for the dermatologist to fix me. I look dreadful with or without make up

Thanks, I'll have a look for arbonne. Im sure you look lovely with and without make up, we are our own worst critiques. You look stunning on your picture and especially when you had your head shaved, very brave and inspirational.

Thanks, I'll have a look for arbonne. Im sure you look lovely with and without make up, we are our own worst critiques. You look stunning on your picture and especially when you had your head shaved, very brave and inspirational.

Aw thank you. Those pictures are all when I was using medical acne treatment. It's a bit more nasty now :(

Definitely ditch the Cleanse & Polish.

Definitely ditch the Cleanse & Polish.

Hello, can I ask why you say ditch the cleanse and polish? What would you recommend instead? Thanks

If it's inflamed you need to treat the inflammation first. A gentle anti-oxidant cleanser if possible and zinc. I only know of zinc sunscreens.

Take some EFAs particularly a zinc supplement. Anything too harsh is only going to irritate

If it's inflamed you need to treat the inflammation first. A gentle anti-oxidant cleanser if possible and zinc. I only know of zinc sunscreens.

Take some EFAs particularly a zinc supplement. Anything too harsh is only going to irritate

Ok that's great thanks. Will do some research :)

I've discovered with my skin that when I take my make up off with make up wipes it really breaks out in spots so I take it off with a facial cleanser, I have started using one called eucerin which is really gentle and is supposed to really help blemished skin! Hope this helps in some way! I also use liz Earle but have been using this for a while and have found I still get a few spots so I only use the cleanser to remove my make up now and then cleanse again with the eucerin😊

I've discovered with my skin that when I take my make up off with make up wipes it really breaks out in spots so I take it off with a facial cleanser, I have started using one called eucerin which is really gentle and is supposed to really help blemished skin! Hope this helps in some way! I also use liz Earle but have been using this for a while and have found I still get a few spots so I only use the cleanser to remove my make up now and then cleanse again with the eucerin😊

Thanks, I will have a look online for it. I do still love liz earle but sadly I don't think its right for me anymore. I still like their make up tho :)

hi its more likely to be a hormonal imbalance you should ask your doctor to do a test for it. reflexology can help a lot with hormone balanceing. if you know a good aroma therapist as well to make you up a night cream. also try a microdermabrassion facial followed by high frequancy ;)

hi its more likely to be a hormonal imbalance you should ask your doctor to do a test for it. reflexology can help a lot with hormone balanceing. if you know a good aroma therapist as well to make you up a night cream. also try a microdermabrassion facial followed by high frequancy ;)

Hi, I have thought about going to the docs but thought I'd just be told it would take time for my body to get back to normal. I have had reflexology before and loved it so will looking into it to balance my hormones.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back