Hormonal acne

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry - only just been back on here. I know that it aggravated my acne when I had it, it made it a lot worse.

As someone else has mentioned, diet is very important. Have a look at this as well:

Caroline Hirons: Acne - Cheat Sheet

her advice has completely changed my skin!

Thanks, I'll take a look.

I think you really need to be careful of yet more "this worked for me" anecdotal evidence.

I don't know where you are but I offer my clients a full consultation and a refund if they're not happy.

I also worry that people will throw 10 things at a skin condition in the hope that something will work - microdermabrasion, peels, scrubs and so on. Your skin has an acid mantle that needs nurturing, not attacking!

I also really believe that our skin - and bodies - can cope with mediocre diets, alcohol, dairy intake etc when we are well, balanced physically and emotionally but when there is imbalance we can become ill, spotty, constipated, gluten intolerant etc etc.

Just something to think about.

Re accumax. It's available from many environ stockists. Myself included!

That's my 10 cents!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Have you got a website I can have a look at for the accumax? I am interested but would like some more info. Thanks

I read somewhere acne can be made worse by eating meat and ingesting hormones pumped into meat. Would anyone say there is any truth in this? Just curious .....

Yes. It's pretty awful what they feed animals these days and how many are treated with hormones and antibiotics which then go into the food chain.

I spent many years trying to find out what was causing my acne. I thought it was eggs, so I didn't eat any of those for two years.
In the end, I found out that I am actually allergic to iodine, the "food" kind and the medicinal type. I cant eat any fish, have to stick to hard cheese (parmesan type) and need to careful in general about where I source my food.
The reason why I reacted to eggs is simple. In some parts of the country (and world) chicken are fed with fish meal or fish itself (mainly anchovies as no one else likes them). The iodine is concentrated in the yolk of the egg which is designed to nourish the chick - hence my reaction.
I only eat corn fed chickens and eggs from them. I can tell straight away if I have had some cheap chicken.

Also, unfortunately for me, where I lived in Switzerland, Iodine was added to any salt and it was compulsory for this salt to be used in all restaurants. I used to travel to Germany to buy salt that was iodine free.

So I need to be careful about what I eat. Anything that comes in brine is also off my list and things like bacon is trial and error. I react to cheese too. Especially soft cheese.

So I do believe that what you eat can affect the skin and cause acne. It's really hard, but worthwhile, going down the route of finding out what you might react to. Any processed food is off limits. Could even be bread.
Drop me a pm if you want any more info about how to approach this. I wont bore everyone here with it.

Yes. It's pretty awful what they feed animals these days and how many are treated with hormones and antibiotics which then go into the food chain.

I spent many years trying to find out what was causing my acne. I thought it was eggs, so I didn't eat any of those for two years.
In the end, I found out that I am actually allergic to iodine, the "food" kind and the medicinal type. I cant eat any fish, have to stick to hard cheese (parmesan type) and need to careful in general about where I source my food.
The reason why I reacted to eggs is simple. In some parts of the country (and world) chicken are fed with fish meal or fish itself (mainly anchovies as no one else likes them). The iodine is concentrated in the yolk of the egg which is designed to nourish the chick - hence my reaction.
I only eat corn fed chickens and eggs from them. I can tell straight away if I have had some cheap chicken.

Also, unfortunately for me, where I lived in Switzerland, Iodine was added to any salt and it was compulsory for this salt to be used in all restaurants. I used to travel to Germany to buy salt that was iodine free.

So I need to be careful about what I eat. Anything that comes in brine is also off my list and things like bacon is trial and error. I react to cheese too. Especially soft cheese.

So I do believe that what you eat can affect the skin and cause acne. It's really hard, but worthwhile, going down the route of finding out what you might react to. Any processed food is off limits. Could even be bread.
Drop me a pm if you want any more info about how to approach this. I wont bore everyone here with it.

Might message you late my dear. I've given up all processed food and everything I do eat is organic. I strongly believe what you eat effects your skin seeing as what you eat effects your hormones. Im interested in iodine. Something im eating is effecting me.

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back