Horrible Skin - Any advice would be so gratefully received!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cole7562

Reaction score
Hi all

Well, where do I start, I am in my 20's and am due to get married next August, I should be really excited but I am having major concerns with my skin, its just so unpredictable! I have hundreds of blackheads on my chin, nose and they kind of spread from my nose out towards my cheeks, I get major under the skin type of spots that are so red and tender and look terrible! I also have very lumpy skin around my chin area, lots of whiteheads etc. It's really getting me down, I have visions of waking up on my wedding day with one of the huge boil type things I am prone to getting and feeling so self conscious all day :-(. I must have spent thousands of pounds on different skincare ranges, Dermalogica, Clinique, Clarins, Lancome, Chanel, Liz Earle, you name it I've probably tried it. I only use oul free moisturisers, foundations etc and nothing seems to make any difference!

Anyone have any hints/tips or recommendations for me? I live in a central area so have access to salons who offer Elemis, Dermalogica, Collins, Clarins etc.

Please help, I just want to be a bride with glowing skin not trying to keep my hand over my face all day!

xx

Have you tried microdermabrasion?
You should notice a difference after just one session.
My skin has never felt better since having just 2 sessions.
I don't suffer with blackheads but it does help them and will have your skin glowing for your big day.

I left a rly rly long post for you but i didn't work it does that one me a lot nowadays.

Basically saying cleanse tone moisturise every morning unless ur bout to put make-up on moisturise before putting make-up on aim at drinking 1 robinsons dilute juice bottle full of water were actually meant to drink 2 full of them to get our 2 litres 8 glasses or whatever it is!

try get skin care products with aromatherapy oils the skin only absorbs thing's through the first layer nothing else can get through apart from aromatherapy oils try find a aromatherapist!
But the stuff on the high street is a no no!
lol just rubbish most of time isn't what oils etc it says it is!

don't drink anything but water and dilute or coffee tea coke etc makes massive difference just don't go near it! erm if u go to gym etc take skin care products with u and cleanse tone moisturise str8 away afterwards or the swear will clog ur pores up(eww)

for brides who come to my salon i recommend regular facials, and nearer to the time i recommend two week miracle cure it is expensive but it works and your skin does glow, i had large open pores and after using the theraderm range it minimised them. I then used two week miracle cure and everyone commented on my skin.

Have you tried seeing the doctor also? You could have a hormonal imbalance (particularly if the problems seem to be around your chin). Maybe a short course of antibiotics could help your skin to clear up. I'm only suggesting this as the exact same thing was happening to my skin and after trying practically everything i ended up going to the drs to get a course of antibiotics and an antibiotic gel to use at night time. It cleared up really quickly although drs will recommend giving it at least 6 weeks chance to kick in.
If you dont fancy the thought of tablets, as mentioned before a course of microdermabrasion would be ideal as would regular facials to help maintain the condition of your skin...xXx

Hi

Spots and blackheads affect so many people at varying times of their lives, I had to have roaccutane at the age of 36!

I would agree with Lady Stardust, go and consult your GP and hopefully a course of antibiotics can help.

With anti biotics you can still have microdermabrasion, my absolute fav treatment although I also do skin peels on some of my clients who have problems like yourself.

Also as has been suggested try to go back to basics with skin care routine, avoid some of the otc products though and go to the professional ranges. I normally suggest to some of my clients to just get some avene cleanance (this is available from sk:n clinics or boots) and thermal water as a starter for cleansing.

What I can also suggest though is avoid the temptation to use really harsh products like clearasil or Clinique toners as these exasarbate problems.

good luck

HTH

thanks for all your comments, i think i will look into microdermabrasion, for some reason i thought it was mainly for older skin with fine lines and wrinkles, good to know!

the only thing with oils are i am so scared to go near them, i used the dermalogica precleanse on reccomendation and it gave me even worse blackheads and whiteheads!

im also reluctant to see the doctor, scared they'll laugh me out the door i suppose, as i dont think its acne more breakout prone?

ahh the traumas, wish i had clear glowing skin :-(

Latest posts

Back