Horrific client has ruined our floor!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlalouise

Reaction score
I have the most horrific client who I cannot even treat anymore because she is sooooo rude, obnoxious and opinionated, (however my daughter will treat her). This morning she burst into the salon at 8.30, we open at 9 she says I've come early to take my own Shellac off, take's the acetone from the desk and commences with putting the soak offs on!

I nearly lost it, I told her that we were not open and she couldn't just barge in, however after that I kept my calm and stayed away because it was that or an argument!

She has now just said "oh dear, your not going to be happy with me the acetone has lifted your floor", I am completely losing it, she has taken up a whole section of very expensive hard flooring, she just gone off to have her treatments without a care in the world leaving me seething!!!!

I've got to get out of the salon as I don't think I can be responsible for my actions - I'm going to have to get that whole section if possible replaced, then I'm going to send the horrific bleep the bill!!!!!!

I never want this women in my salon again, I'm going to have to say something without getting myself in trouble!

Argghhhhh!!!!!! and breath.

That's awful! I feel angry on your behalf.
I would actually ban her from the salon permanently.
She has behaved very badly and disrespectfully towards you and your business and I would make it very clear why she's being banned.

Seriously, if you don't ban her what message does that give your staff about having to tolerate crap from entitled and very unpleasant clients?

I totally agree with AcidPerm. Also, I would try to see if you can have her pay for the damages. This is unacceptable!

Yes, ban the client.
Take photos of the damage and get witness statements from staff who were present. Be specific on dates, times, things said and observed.
Then phone your insurance company for advice and how to proceed.
You could get a solicitor if needed to take action against the client but talk to your insurance first to notify them of the damage.

We have such lovely clients, if it was any other - hang on, they wouldn't entertain doing what she did!

I've got hold of the company that laid the floor to see what they can do, then I will go from there.

I was in with another client when she left, she never mentioned it, not a sorry or anything, she just wanted to make sure she was booked in for her CACI as she still has treatments left from a course.

I am going to speak to my insurance company when we are a bit quieter.

I'm thinking I will phone her and tell that the way she behaved this morning was not acceptable and I should have said something at the time and that I do not want her back in the salon. I know what she will do, she will bad mouth the salon on FB and Google but I'll just have to put a comment of how she behaved underneath.

Unfortunately I can't imagine your insurance company paying out. You've allowed an untrained person to use your products and carry out a treatment, if something had gone wrong she'd be claiming from you!!!

That's not to say don't try and claim.

I'd certainly be sending her the bill, and letting her know before she left that she should be expecting it!

Unfortunately I can't imagine your insurance company paying out. You've allowed an untrained person to use your products and carry out a treatment, if something had gone wrong she'd be claiming from you!!!

That's not to say don't try and claim.

I'd certainly be sending her the bill, and letting her know before she left that she should be expecting it!

I know, I really should have said "we are not open for another half an hour and don't you dare touch our products!"

She's a nasty piece of work, I have a friend who's a solicitor and I'm going for dinner with her this evening so I will get some advise.

I can't ring and speak to this women right now as I will regret what I say!!

Made me angry just to read this! What a horrible self entitled individual. I wouldn't want her as a client at all.

So angry on your behalf.
I'd be inclined to correspond in writing whether by letter or email and keep a copy just so nothing can be twisted.
I'm sure your solicitor friend will have some good advice, keep us posted x

What will you do about the remaining caci's?

If she leaves a bad review then so be it, if you see lots of positive reviews for somewhere then one negative one it's not going to put people off.

She sounds a nightmare.

Wow definitely ban her! That is outrageous behaviour. Please let us know what legal advice you are given.

She sounds like a nightmare but I agree that I doubt your insurance would pay as she should never have been allowed to use the products.
Could've been a different situation if she'd spilled something on herself and caused injury and not the floor.
I love my oak flooring so feel your pain [emoji20]

I agree with your feelings of "firing" your client, I would too. Mostly due to her bolshy attitude and no respect for your salon.
However as you saying the flooring was re done , I would have to ask why was it not made of a material which can withstand products being dropped on it? We all have tiled salons here for sanitary reasons as I don't believe you can adequately scrub a carpet or such to the level I want it scrubbed down.

Also feel angry on your behalf.

Don't do anything in anger. Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Firstly, lock your front door until you're open. Easily said after the fact.
I personally would work out the costs of the outstanding Caci facials and return the money with a letter stating that she is no longer going to be able to come to your salon

Good luck. Clients like this really take the biscuit don't they x

I agree with your feelings of "firing" your client, I would too. Mostly due to her bolshy attitude and no respect for your salon.
However as you saying the flooring was re done , I would have to ask why was it not made of a material which can withstand products being dropped on it? We all have tiled salons here for sanitary reasons as I don't believe you can adequately scrub a carpet or such to the level I want it scrubbed down.
It's hard wearing commercial flooring which in the last 5 years has withstood even acetone being spilt on it, you can steam clean it, surgical spirit it which we often do to clean wax off. Half the bottle of acetone was gone, we are now thinking she did it on purpose!

That is crazy gosh! She must be loopy then. [emoji20]

I spoke to my friend who's a solicitor, she told me to give her the difference on the outstanding treatments and then if I wanted she would send her a solicitors letter with the invoice for the damage.

I spoke to the client Saturday, I said that we were unable to treat her on Monday and before I explained why she started telling me that she didn't want to come into a salon where she was made to feel uncomfortable and the way I had been silent with her after she damaged the floor was unacceptable and unprofessional!

She's lucky I stayed silent and avoided her! I must admit when she accused me of being unprofessional I let rip. I said "you had no right barging into the salon when we were not open, helping yourself to our product and using them without permission, this has resulted in you damaging an expensive floor for which I now have to pay out for and not once did you even apologise!" Her reply was "get over it, I've spent over £500 with you". She carried on shouting down the phone when a client walked in so I said I had to go because we had clients, she shouted some more abuse then put the phone down.

Saturday afternoon someone from the floor company came to assess the damage, he said that she would have had to of pored a considerable amount of acetone onto the floor and left it to cause that amount of damage.

She's a horrific women, who in the past has over shared on some of her extra curricular activities and how she pulls the wool over the governments eyes re money. Unfortunately I don't have it in me but hopefully someone will drop her in it one day!

Ooh I would. I so would. It's anonymous after all.

You are well shot of her. She sounds unhinged.

Terribly unhinged, good riddance

Good God! What a vile woman, it amazes me there are people out there like this!! I really feel for you. Hopefully this will be the end of it. I would still bill her for the ruined flooring though x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back