Hosting with 1and1 - special offers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seanny

Reaction score
Do you have a website hosted with 1and1? How much are you paying for your hosting? If you have the Home hosting package, you're probably paying approx £5.50 a month. Did you know that 1and1 now offer a Beginners hosting package that is suitable for nearly all websites (please see below), the total cost is £1.75 incl vat per month. So if your hosting contract is due for renewal, make a note of this and contact 1and1 to switch packages to save yourself a few bob.

If you're contemplating a new website, this is a good time to go for one. The price quoted above is according to the 1and1 site, a very special offer.

Exceptions: If your site has been built using the website builder, it can contain no more than 8 pages. Sites built using standard HTML or Frontpage, etc have as many pages as you want.

Wow had a look and is this package all you really need? On the business package it talks about meta tags and stuff that I have seen on here that will get you up high on Google searches so does this beginner (and a lot cheaper) package allow the same things Seanny?

Mrs R, you've been busy....LOL, that thread is fairly old to say the least. The good news is that Yes, the beginners package is more than adequate for building a new website but please take note that if you use the web builder, you are limited to just 8 pages. You can indeed add metatags but its really difficult (some would say impossible) to make a 'web builder' website with anybody, (regardless of who they are) as search engine friendly as a site that is built using code. There's no way around that. By the way, metatags are just one part of the equation in getting your site into the search results, there are many more. Dont purchase hosting with 1and1 or anyone else just because you can add metatags, there are many factors you need to consider. Some search engines dont even take note of metatags.

If you intend building your site using code, the beginners package is still ideal, and because you are using code, you can make your site as search engine friendly as possible.

HTH

Hey seanny its just the whole website thing is mind blowing and I have been reading so many posts on here to try and make sense of it all - it still doesn't! LOL

With 1and1 then it sounds like I get X amount but could never add to it or improve it then? Am I right in thinking this?

Last edited:
You can edit the website as often as you like with 1&1 and you can also upgrade once a month to another of their packages if you need to.

You can edit the website as often as you like with 1&1 and you can also upgrade once a month to another of their packages if you need to.

Ahh brilliant.

So I can make it so it will come up high on google searches then I take it?

I guess the only thing you cannot do with 1and1 is apply your own template!

Latest posts

Back