Hot Towels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dishep

Reaction score
Hi, I've just been tipping towels in hot water as part of a facial, but is it possible to heat them in the microwave? If so, do they retain their heat ok and how long would you put them in the microwave for and on what setting.

Thanks

Di

In class we always use the micro. to heat our towels then put them in a croc pot to keep them warm. First try a minute check and do it again until warm. just make sure you get out any excess water it can burn the client

I do this for my facials, I do 1 minute at full power. Keep in mind our micros here are on different power so one may be stronger than another.
I have also found that the middle of the towel is a lot hotter than the outside so as Becca said be sure to check it before putting it on you client, although I'm sure you would!
After I heat them I put them into a steel bowl with another bowl fliped over on top. They stay warm through the facial, but I have to do new ones each hour. This is just because I don't yet have a crock pot. hth

I have got an electric vegetable steamer to keep my towels warm, i set it to an hour and that way they keep hot all the way through the facial/pedicure hth xx

yep I do my towels in the microwave for spa manicures and it was creative that taught me to do it that way. You can put them in wet or dry.

Please be careful, i put my towels in the microwave set timer for 1 min, about 45 secs later flames were coming out of micowave!!

Latest posts

Back