House insurance for home treatment room very expensive!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsR

Reaction score
My husband had a nose at a few companies today for me regarding our house insurance and adding to it when I have a home treatment room and it bumps the cost up a hell of a lot - is there anyone people use thats reasonable or do you go about it a diffwrent way?

Hmm... difficult one... I am insured via an old fashioned broker and tbh, what I pay is pretty much twice what I would pay if I were insured by one of the call centre type places. However, the likes of Direct Line etc won't insure you if you work from home and have clients visiting, esp if it's more than 2-3 visitors p.w.

I did get a quote from another broker, they recommended something called Norwich Union Homeworkers Policy, but is was even more expensive than what I already have!

However, although I am not 100% sure, your insurance may be a tax deductible expense, or at least a proportion of it is. As are many other household expenses :)

Hmm, I wonder if it's possible to get insurance via BABTAC or whoever to cover you for this, and if it's possible to insure your treatment room separately from the rest of your house, so that your basic home insurance doesn't go through the roof?

Wondering if anyone else has any thoughts on this. Thanks x

Mine is with Liverpool and Victoria. As we were already with them I phoned and asked how much it would be and they didn't charge any extra.:) I was really pleased as I expected to pay quite a bit extra.

Mine is with Liverpool and Victoria. As we were already with them I phoned and asked how much it would be and they didn't charge any extra.:) I was really pleased as I expected to pay quite a bit extra.

Wow you are lucky ours have quoted us near enough double!

Wow you are lucky ours have quoted us near enough double!

Hmm does that depend on area of the country as well as insurer? Might be well asking LV for a quote if they don't charge any extra though.

If you are a member of the Guild, you can get special rates on Home-Therapist, a policy especially run for home salons.

Click here to take a look.

Latest posts

Back