How are we all doing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah_clancy

Reaction score
Only 4 more days to go...
I'm burning out already, 7 days on the bounce with no day off..... The Xmas break better be worth it!

Had a few clients either no show or rearrange, not what we need this time of year!

Thinking of you all!

x x x

Yep same here a few no shows or late cancellations and now awful chest infection so no way I can do anymore now :( I just hope I'm feeling better for Christmas! Happy Christmas to you :) x

Same as you - rush, rush rush. Makes me laugh when people who don't work complain that they've got no time to do anything. I've bought one present! Finished at 9 last night, and another mega day today. Woke in the night breathless and with my heart pounding!!! Finish at 3 on Saturday and for the first time, I'm working 27 and 28 and 31 dec! Think I'm mad - or skint lol!!!

It's only one month out the year though guys....
This is what I keep telling myself and family... We can do it!
:D merry Christmas to all!xx

My longest day today. Start at 9, finish about half ten tonight. On schedule to do over 100 clients this week. Am feeling good though. Not stressed or exhausted yet. Might be a different story on Monday night.

My longest day today. Start at 9, finish about half ten tonight. On schedule to do over 100 clients this week. Am feeling good though. Not stressed or exhausted yet. Might be a different story on Monday night.

Good luck persianista!
Your buzzing off the busyness if the salon :)
I'm sure a well deserved bottle of vino will go down nicely on Monday! X

New salon new location. Had my busiest week so far booked out 3 days. Sold a few vouchers no stock yet. But I'm busy yay. Took this week what I would have taken in 3 weeks working from home but so soar. Heard a pop this morning streaching and had massive nerve pain, thankfully chiro saw me after work as we do a swap. I'm feeling better have 2 days to get ready for Monday which already has 3 massages and a gel polish. Unfortunately have to mow lawns tommorow but then yoga class Sunday should work out those kinks. Much prefer busy to the alternative. Hoping rest of season is as busy.

I'm doing quite well, could of done without having £150 of no shows! But I'm still going good lol xx

I'm doing quite well, could of done without having £150 of no shows! But I'm still going good lol xx

Ouch!!! People are so inconsiderate grrr!
Are you closing for long over Xmas??xx

im feeling rough!have a cold and sore throat but plodding on, was supposed to finish today but working tomorrow now too.....roll on sunday xx

Ouch!!! People are so inconsiderate grrr!
Are you closing for long over Xmas??xx

I'm working right till Xmas eve then off till NYE then closed till the 8th..... Hopefully salon having a facelift!

I have been working b2b nearly two weeks. Finish 8ish tonight, 8pm until 4pm tomorrow, fully booked Sunday, Xmas eve until 2pm and collapsing until 28th Dec and fully booked with regular infills with 15mins break until 7-15pm!!!

Moaning... But love it really:))) happy lashy days are here!

Busy and loving it. My days consist of:
* school run
* hair
* school run, make tea, tidy round, put son to bed
* hair
* wrap pressies
* bed (ready for my 6.30 alarm)

Oh I'm mobile so quite a bit of driving going on x

Roll on Monday when I get my 9 days rest. This is my 5 day with no day off, 9am till 9pm today 10-9pm tomorrow and 10-6pm Sunday.
Merry Christmas just keep going guys xxx ( sending hubby out Sunday with kids to do Xmas food shop ) hehe

I've barely eaten this week and I think the last time I had a loo break was last Tuesday :eek: (ok exaggerating a bit...)
Im doing ok so far. I usually crash and burn Boxing Day with some sort of exaustion related infection - but I have berrocca on standby!!
I bloody love being busy, I think I would die if it was like this ALL year though.
I do love seeing my shelves empty this time of year too :)

Hope you all have a very well deserved drink on Monday - we have certainly earned it!
xxxx

I'm nazzed! A whole week of 12 hour days except tomorrow when I'm working 9-7 - I'm not complaining though I'm having a ball! Was a bit poorly yesterday but dragged my backside through it lol xxx

I'm still going in a fashion, my body is still moving, eyes still blinking lol, I am def running on my reserves! 12 hr days here too! On Xmas eve would of only has one and a half days off in 2 weeks, but hey we love it (don't we?) Roll on Xmas eve 4pm I will be down the pub with a well earned cider and black!!

Wishing u all a merry christmas and a prosperous new year!! Xxx

3 days to go...Have had a lovely, busy day today, I managed to run behind all afternoon by 30 minutes, something I never do but I guess its all catching up with me now, and all my clients were fine about it. Lunch and a loo break just did not happen.

Clients brought in lots of pressies for us in the salon, we had been given wine, champagne, chocs, biscuits, flowers, homemade blueberry muffins and mince pies, really lovely, there is still lots of nice people out there.

Hope we all survive till Christmas, have a good one all x

By far the nicest time of year, not knocking the gifts and money... One client gave me a mop!

Same!! we are so lucky to have work and fan bloody tastic work at that.

Will still be good to have a break though and I'm sure my kids are desperate for the the work to ease up a bit 😉

Merry Christmas everyone.

Latest posts

Back