How bad is this?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raw-beauty

Reaction score
This afternoon my hubby has been attacked in a busy boots store in Newcastle Eldon Square (geeks from NE must know this place!). Can you believe it?!

My hubby was making his way out from the Boots, and this guy was pushing his way in, so my hubby asked :'what r u doing?', he looked at my hubby and punched him! So my hubby saw a shop assistant, then asked her for help, she replyed: "Can you not tell I am busy? I need to serve this customer!"

This guy makes my sick and angry, but this woman works for Boots makes me even more sick and angry!

Its daytime in a busy shopping centre, we even can not feel safe anymore, what a world?!:mad:

sorry for moaning...

Think your right to moan, the trouble is staff are too frightened to get involved but you would ahve thought she could ahve made the effort to contact security. hope he is ok x

OMG ...Hope he's OK hun,

Well looks like this staff member missed out on the customer relations talk - course - meeting BIG TIME - or her ears are just plain painted on!!!!

Of course something like this is confrontational & alarming BUT no excuse to ignore the safety of patrons in the store - ANY store.

Im sure there'd be a protocol for this type of incident[A call to Boots Head Office would clarify] , if so sadly not followed in this case
Great world hey .............
:hug:
XX J XX

damn
that is so typical decent people cant even go shopping any more for fear of being asaulted in broad day light in a popular chemist and are not even given the attention and safe evironment which they should be portected with
hope ur hubby has gotten over the shock yanny
terry
xx

So sorry to hear about this hun. The problem is that the girls behind the counter are simply not paid enough to care about this kind of thing.
For £5 an hour would you get involved?
I would ignore it and go home to my home and feel safe, if I was a cashier. Boots are obviously not paying enough for security. This should have been noticed straight away from someone. Most stores have people that know when something is wrong. I would not get involved for the minimal pay that they offer.....would you?:hug:

we are not safe anywhere hope your husband is ok :hug: :hug:

Thanks guys... Xmas' on its way, hope we can still enjoy our shopping!

So sorry to hear about this hun. The problem is that the girls behind the counter are simply not paid enough to care about this kind of thing.
For £5 an hour would you get involved?
I would ignore it and go home to my home and feel safe, if I was a cashier. Boots are obviously not paying enough for security. This should have been noticed straight away from someone. Most stores have people that know when something is wrong. I would not get involved for the minimal pay that they offer.....would you?:hug:

I agree with you, maybe she's paid too less to care... but I am sure when we reported to the management, they should at least offered some first aid, not till nearly 2 hours, my hubby reported to them was about 3.15pm, first time we asked about first aid, the Pharmacy manager said they dont have any, then about 5pm when the operational manager came, and we asked again, she then offered the first aid. How bad is that?!

Hope your husband is ok. Just goes to show the world we now live in. No where is safe & its getting worse. :(

I agree with you, maybe she's paid too less to care... but I am sure when we reported to the management, they should at least offered some first aid, not till nearly 2 hours, my hubby reported to them was about 3.15pm, first time we asked about first aid, the Pharmacy manager said they dont have any, then about 5pm when the operational manager came, and we asked again, she then offered the first aid. How bad is that?!

It's a disgrace mate.:hug:

Unfortunately it seems to be a sign of the times, hope he is ok :hug:

A lesson for us all to learnt about our world that we are living...

Hope the police can catch that guy, at least he was very clearly showed on the CCTV footage.

It just doesn't pay to try and be a hero anymore....I have stopped Rob many a time....one time i wasn't there to stop him, he noticed 3 lads looks suspicious leave there car doors open and go into out local shop...the driver was still in the car...with the engine running....all of a sudden they came running out the shop loaded with crates of beer they had stolen....Rob stretched out his arms and floored them...he held them down till the shop owner came out...then the shop owner just made them pay for the beer and let them go....and he still charged Rob for his frozen chips that he had gone to the shop for !!!!!....i went mad when he told me...but thats him.

I can see why maybe the girl didn't want to get involved but i think the stores treatment of your hubby wasnt nice...this happened on there premises and the least they could have done was offer first aid and a reassuring few words.

Hope he's ok xxx

It just doesn't pay to try and be a hero anymore....I have stopped Rob many a time....one time i wasn't there to stop him, he noticed 3 lads looks suspicious leave there car doors open and go into out local shop...the driver was still in the car...with the engine running....all of a sudden they came running out the shop loaded with crates of beer they had stolen....Rob stretched out his arms and floored them...he held them down till the shop owner came out...then the shop owner just made them pay for the beer and let them go....and he still charged Rob for his frozen chips that he had gone to the shop for !!!!!....i went mad when he told me...but thats him.

I can see why maybe the girl didn't want to get involved but i think the stores treatment of your hubby was disgusting...this happened on there premises and the least they could have done was offer first aid and a reassuring few words.

Hope he's ok xxx

I would have taken that one to the local paper. It is almost unbelievable:eek:

I would have taken that one to the local paper. It is almost unbelievable:eek:

yep...thats the thanks you get....makes you feel like not bothering but i just know he would do it again as he cant stand thieving little gits...not when he works hard and still struggles and some people just take what they want and don't want to work for it.

sorry to hear about that babes yes makes me angry also ya hubby should of punched him back!

thats terrible i hope your husband is ok...lets hope the police can find out who he is..have you complained to boots head office?

I'm sorry, I don't think how much someone is paid should come into it. As a decent human being you should provide as much assistance as you can to someone who has been assaulted. I would complain to Boots head office,it is disgusting the way your hubby was treated, hope he is okay.

Thanks for your replies, much appreciated. We have complained to the Boots Head Office, their reaction is very very disgusting. I have spoken to their Customer Relations Manager, she took the details and spoken to the store manager, and got back to me said: I have spoken to the store manager, and all the staff have done their best to assit you! Then I asked: Do you think your staff replied to my husband 'I am busy with the customer' is at her best assit? Then Wendy said: well, she was busy dealing with the customer, we cant blame her! I also asked her about the First Aid, she said ' we dont necessary have to have first aid in the store!' This shop is making me really sick now!!!:cry:

Latest posts

Back