How can I get my hair to grow faster??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baby_bliss

Reaction score
PLEASE HELP!!!

I used to have really long hair, which has since been abused with bleach and straightening irons :( I had my hair done by a "friend" and after 50 mins, maybe longer the 12% bleach was removed, i asked for it NOT to be put through the ends only the roots and hmmmmm it went down the ends, i straighten my hair and use a heat protector but it is not seeming to grow as fast as i would like :( i hear of sumplements you can take are these gimmicks or do they work???
All i want is for long hair again, also being a natural red head does any one no of a product that can lift the red to a cool light blonde with out it being as harsh as bleach?

Thanking you in advance xx

I will leave the other questions for the hair messers (professionals) to answer,
but i always find my hair grows quicker when i have it trimmed every 6 wks hth :hug:

Baby_Bliss are you a hairdresser ? Your profile says you are a hair geek

Lou,how often you have your hair cut has absolutely no effect on the rate at which it grows. hth's

Lou,how often you have your hair cut has absolutely no effect on the rate at which it grows. hth's

hair goes through different stages of growth...anogen...active....catogen...slows down/stop.....telogen....stops.. hair starts coming out as new hair growth starts back to anogen......these phases are different for different people.....some people can grow their hair very long and some cant grow past their collar bone.....the life cycle of a hair growing (anogen) can be from as little as a few months (the ones who cannot grow their hair)to several years(the ones who can grow it right down their backs)...depending on your own self.....depends on how your hair grows and how long for before it stops...so having it cut regular has no influence over how your hair grows at all.
with straighteners, bleach and not alot of heat protection hair breaks.,....comb your hair and see how much hair ends up on your collar.....it will look like bits of hair blunt at both ends not smooth like hair malting with the only way to stop this is....having it trimmed (so the over processed hair is cut off) good heat protection, not overlapping with chemical treatments.....dying your hair at home peeps just wack on a box colour all over instead of just doing regrowth...i would go to a salon and get a professional consultation.

Cheers for that info Becki, wait until i see my hairdresser now lol

Thanks girlys, for all ur advice, i am a hairdresser and all of the above i know, except maybe the hair growth cycle! i learnt that so long ago but it refreshed my memory when i started to read it! i just thought maybe there was some wonder drug or treatment i could use that i dont know of already! :( no such luck then:(

oh well conditioning treatments and regular triims it is 4 me.....un less i get hair extensions!

oh n reguolar trims does help im sure as the hair does not split upwards and break shorter so you get rid of the over processed hair quicker.

thank u xxx

I'm not a hairdresser..
Buuut;
Im a natural red head..whooo! :green:
& whenever my old hairdresser put blonde in my hair it went orange :eek:.
(I have now changed hairdresser)
My new hairdresser puts
'Silver shampoo' on my hair after and this helps takes away the reddy orange tinge to my colour..!
Regis do a silver shampoo.
I dno if this will have helped..!
Becky
xXx

Thanks Becki, Ive got a purple toneing shampoo from joico.....FANTASTIC!
Leaves hair a bit dry but olive oil treatments and im getting some where, oh n trying not to use the straightners.
Its an amazeing thing as a hairdresser we would never put our clients through these constant bleaching as we know what happens yet myself and some hairdressers alike seem to test these things on our selves....ahhh i should really know better!
I was looking for miracle growth potions but it seems they just dont exsist....lol....i really am in la la land some times ha ha ha!
:confused:

taking vitamins called sea kelp seem to make hair grow speedier! certainly did mine x

I think pregnancy makes it grow faster, but this is perhaps a tad extreme! LOL

it all depends on the life cycle of your hair and maybe because its damaged is why its taking longer to grow...im currently a platinum blonde and to refresh my blonde when it goes abit yellowish i use matrix so silver shampoo which makes it look really white and a cool tone

Hi I am not a hairdresser, but just wanted to add; my friend takes hair, nails and skin vitamins from holland & Barret and they work wonders on her just under two years ago she had a POB and now her hair is down to her chest. Her hair grows much quicker than mine and her nairs are lovely, long and strong!! - It mite be worth a try.
In fact I think I have sold it to myself:) I am going to try some!!!!

it all depends on the life cycle of your hair and maybe because its damaged is why its taking longer to grow...im currently a platinum blonde and to refresh my blonde when it goes abit yellowish i use matrix so silver shampoo which makes it look really white and a cool tone

The condition of your hair has absolutely no effect on the hair growth cycle whatsoever. The growing takes place before the hair penetrates the scalp,treatment of the hair after that time may leave the hair in poor condition but will not in any way effect the growth.

This is aimed at any one person,however this is a professional forum and should be used as such. We wouldn't recomend vitamins for badly bitten nails in the nail geek forum would we ??????

Hi, just a thought, but have you ever considered going darker instead?? then you wont have to have harsh bleaching agents to ruin you're hair, and it will eventually,,,I tried this when I was younger, and it just wrecks it,,,,
Afterall darker hair is sexy too :lol:
I'm sure there must be a shade out there that would suit you, even though you are a redhead, how red?? etc, ginger, strawberryblonde ? x

The rate/speed of hair growth for any individual can not be improved upon.
It will grow when it will grow and not before. BUT you can take better care of it so that there is less breakage, thereby seeming to grow fast only because it's not breaking off.

hth's

hi all mostly correct the hair cycle was very good brought me back to basics:lol: i am a trichologist and the best thing for hair growth is brewers yeast, sea kelp both taken three times a day and the hair nails and skin from h&b is good, best results i have had for just this problem (i run a hair clinic ) is brewers yeast and kelp, i also use joico colour and it is by far the best for you right now, in my opiinion of course guys:) the good thing is you have had a lot of advice all great one thing though try not to wash your hair as often if you can that will help as well best news it will grow:hug:

Latest posts

Back