How can I get out of doing her hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buttercup Honey

Reaction score
I have done this clients hair twice. Full head of highlights and cut.
The last time I did it, I spent ages, gave her a free treatment which I give to all my clients at Christmas and when I was finished her hair was fab. She just kept looking in the mirror and just kept hmmming and I felt really uncomfortable with her reaction. Was waiting on a "thanks" or "thats lovely" but nada:(
She paid, gave me a tip and I left shaking. I usually see her every day at school drop off and her hair really did look lovely, I was happy with my work, did what she asked.
Thing is I know she will be back looking for me again in January and I just don't want to do her hair again. I suffer from anxiety and would prefer to only do clients that I like and feel good about.
How can I put her off nicely? Any other good excuses apart from I'm busy?
Thing is, its a small community and she would know some of my other clients.
Waaah I know I should just do it but I want to feel good about my work and I know I'd be stressing out for days before her appointment.
Anyone?? xxx

I used to get clients like this, they wouldn't really say anything about it, not even "that looks good" but they probably really like it. Just who they are. Next time when you are finished you should say to her, do you like it is that ok? That's what I do with clients. You have to get it out of them sometimes. Remember if she didn't like it she wouldn't want you to do it again would she?! So she must love it lol x

I had a client like this and I just asked her are you happy ? She said yes , some people are like this but I agree with the above if she didn't like it she wouldn't want you again , at her next appointment ask her were you happy last time ? Same again if she says yes that shows she was happy XxX

I had a client like thix i cut her hair and i said what do you think and she just nodded i thought oh no she does not like it but then a few days later she wrote on my facebook wall saying thankyou i love my hair it looks so much better x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I always find the clients like that end up being the ones who go away so happy and tell everyone and they end up your most loyal! Maybe just do it again with asking if shes happy? If not after that then dont do it if it makes you feel uncomfortable!

I agree with on her next appointment ask her if she liked it last time and would like it re done, but in honest truth, if she didn't like it why would she book you again? I take re bookings as an "I love it" of sorts xoxo

Is she shy? Quiet? Some clients won't jump for joy, even if they are bubbling with excitement inside. It's all Down to different personalities.
I'f she books again, then it says it all. Just be happy she continues to boom rather than give you hassle about being unhappy :) xxx

If she didnt like it then she wouldn't come back :)
I think you need to toughen up a bit and stop over analysing and worrying over this sort of thing. You won't get very far if you expect all your clients to fall over to thank you and tell you how brilliant you are. Some are more reserved ;)

Latest posts

Back