How can I store/print my photos?.... HELP!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

An*Gel

Premium Geek
Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I'm an old fashioned gal at heart and I miss having photo albums to look through :sad:

Since getting my digital camera, iphone and lap top I seem to take hundreds of pictures and then put them onto my lap top, where they stay and I only print out the odd photo to put in a frame.

I did store some on one of those little stick things, but can I add more to that little stick and how do I know when it's full?

OK you may have guessed by now that I'm completely cluesless when it comes to this sort of stuff, so please, can you dumb it down for me?

What do I do to store the pictures and print them out if I need to?... where do you keep yours?... I've seen bucket pictures or something.. what the heck is that?

Can anyone help? :o :hug:

Pictures take up a lot of room, and it's easy to keep adding and adding... I bought a portable hard drive. The price varies depending on the size you buy but you won't fill it for years.

To check how full your stick is, go to My Computer. Left click once on stick icon, right click properties and you'll get a little graph. It doesn't take long for them to fill up.

You can store your photos on any usb stick ( Aldi/Lidl have ones every now and again for little or nothing) the bigger the gig ( 2/4/8/16 etc) the more photos you can store. You will know when it's full when you try to transfer the photos from your laptop to the stick. Yes you can keep adding until it's full.

If you have a gmail account you can use their online hosting ( Picassa) which is handy as you can send them straight from your phone.

You can also use photobucket but I wouldn't use the hosting sites as your only copy. The hosting sites are great for sharing albums with friends/family or for posting a picture online. Some of the sites also have prnting options (at a charge)

You can print pics out in Boots/Chemists/Dunnes from the stick or you can a printer with USB and print like that.

I hope some of that answers your questions and I haven't confused you!

OK that all makes sense, thanks a million girls!

I didn't understand about the photobucket thing and now I get it, so thanks for that.

I'm going to have a look at my USB stick and see how much room I have left and I think I'll look into getting more hard drive... oooh get me now!! :D

Thanks again!! :hug:

Jen you can also burn your pics onto a disc :D Buy yourself some blank DVD's and pop one into your drive. Open your picture folder and higlight the ones you want to copy ( you can highlight loads by clicking the top one and then holding Ctrl and Shift and using the arrow keys to highlight rows after row or just the shift key to highlight individual pics on different rows )

then right click them and select the option to copy - next step is to open the blank DVD from "My Computer" and then right lick and paste :D

xxxx

Jen you can also burn your pics onto a disc :D Buy yourself some blank DVD's and pop one into your drive. Open your picture folder and higlight the ones you want to copy ( you can highlight loads by clicking the top one and then holding Ctrl and Shift and using the arrow keys to highlight rows after row or just the shift key to highlight individual pics on different rows )

then right click them and select the option to copy - next step is to open the blank DVD from "My Computer" and then right lick and paste :D

xxxx

Oooh thank you for that... I'll give that a bash, there'll be no stopping me now!! :D

lol depending on the program on your laptop/PC you may have a movie maker where you can put the pics onto a slide show type effect with fade in and out effects and backing music!!

If I can grab half hour away from the kids, I will type a tutorial out for it for you xxx

lol depending on the program on your laptop/PC you may have a movie maker where you can put the pics onto a slide show type effect with fade in and out effects and backing music!!

If I can grab half hour away from the kids, I will type a tutorial out for it for you xxx

That all sounds very complicated :lol:

Thank you for that, you're very good!

It isn't so bad hun honest - if I can do it you can easy xx

:D Please don't forget a hard drive on a PC / laptop is not guaranteed to last, I regret to say its a ticking time bomb.

Please back them up to any removable media as I have had one or two calls from work colleagues wanting me to rescue pics from a failed hard drive, this is only possible in some cases:cry:

lmao my fingers have been on French Bergerac wine ;) xx

:D Please don't forget a hard drive on a PC / laptop is not guaranteed to last, I regret to say its a ticking time bomb.

Please back them up to any removable media as I have had one or two calls from work colleagues wanting me to rescue pics from a failed hard drive, this is only possible in some cases:cry:

Thanks Andy... can you dumb that down for me please?

Sorry I'm really clueless here, so what is removable media?... is that the USB stick thing?

Latest posts

Back