How can people do extensions so cheaply?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tell me about it!!! I have a lady at the min advertising all over Facebook the full head deal for £99!!!! And apparently it lasts over a year!! My aunt fanny it does!!! 😂😂

Tell me about it!!! I have a lady at the min advertising all over Facebook the full head deal for £99!!!! And apparently it lasts over a year!! My aunt fanny it does!!! 😂😂

Can't help but wonder how people believe that. I've done so much research on extensions and I always say to my clients if someone is claiming to sell 100% human hair you need to think of the supply chain and everyone in it gets paid:
The hair donor, the person who cuts the hair, the person who sanitises, colours and processes the hair, the person who markets/sells the hair and the person who fits the hair. It's physically impossible to get 100% human hair fitted by a professional at rock bottom prices. In fact when I was researching a lot of the big hair suppliers claim their hair is 100% human when it isn't but that's another rant lol.

I'm all for free competition though as some people just can't afford decent hair extensions but what I don't like is lack of transparency people should know exactly what they're getting for the money they're paying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only time I have charged cheaply was when I just started out and I only got a few a clients as models so they would only pay for hair

I am able to do a full head of 18" for £165 BUT... I do make the client aware that this hair is only 0.5 gram per strand so half the thickness of my pictures on Facebook, I will need to cut a good few inches off the length and it will only lasts 3 months max and they aren't on my price list, it's only mentioned when necessary. I don't use it to lure people in that want cheap :)

I've only fitted 5 of these in 18 months and that has been on clients with fine hair so the 0.5g was perfect.

But most people aren't interested they'd rather pay more for better quality luckily :) I've also seen someone advertising a full head for £99. I can only imagine what the quality is like because I think what I charge £165 is pretty pants! Xx

I am able to do a full head of 18" for £165 BUT... I do make the client aware that this hair is only 0.5 gram per strand so half the thickness of my pictures on Facebook, I will need to cut a good few inches off the length and it will only lasts 3 months max and they aren't on my price list, it's only mentioned when necessary. I don't use it to lure people in that want cheap :)

I've only fitted 5 of these in 18 months and that has been on clients with fine hair so the 0.5g was perfect.

But most people aren't interested they'd rather pay more for better quality luckily :) I've also seen someone advertising a full head for £99. I can only imagine what the quality is like because I think what I charge £165 is pretty pants! Xx

£99 is nothing I saw on my Facebook someone offering to do "great lengths" hair for £60 😱 I was so shocked I was so close to messaging this person as to why x

I charge 1200 for a micro and 750 -900 for tape in. I use the best hair on the market and that's why my prices are high. They have to be using poor quality hair.

£99 is nothing I saw on my Facebook someone offering to do "great lengths" hair for £60 😱 I was so shocked I was so close to messaging this person as to why x

That's laughable isn't it!!? You can't even get Great Lengths hair for that!! 🙈🙊😂 xx

That's laughable isn't it!!? You can't even get Great Lengths hair for that!! 🙈🙊😂 xx

I know lol I felt like saying that to her but I stopped myself as didn't want to seem nasty but it is ridiculous xx

£60?!? For great lengths?! 😂😂 this is seriously laughable what 10 strands!?!?
It's a joke people like that make all the great hair extension technicians look bad! They do such a bad job so the client has a bad experience and then doesn't want to ever try them again and tells everyone about their experience!!!!
CHEAP HAIR AINT NICE! AND NICE HAIR AINT CHEAP! 💁

£60?!? For great lengths?! 😂😂 this is seriously laughable what 10 strands!?!?
It's a joke people like that make all the great hair extension technicians look bad! They do such a bad job so the client has a bad experience and then doesn't want to ever try them again and tells everyone about their experience!!!!
CHEAP HAIR AINT NICE! AND NICE HAIR AINT CHEAP! 💁

Yeah they advertised it as great lengths but as soon as I saw the price I knew instantly that it wasn't, yeah I agree I have had a few people saw they have gone to a hair extensionist payed a cheap price then have the hair frizz Matte and basically fry when they try to apply heat I haven't had many clients but I think that's because my prices are descent and everyone else around me do it cheap so they all go to them which bugs me so much

I've been doing it 3+ years now and stick at your prices!! Mine are higher than most but I have built up a great client base now and work full time doing hair extensions x

Surprise, surprise. I had a client come back with their tail between their legs today after ditching me for a cheaper alternative. She paid £130 for a "full head of Russian range" hair and low and behold (????!!!!) it lasted a mere 3 washes before she was complaining about the quality. I took a sample of the hair and got my supplier to test it. It was overprocessed Chinese hair. She has learnt her lesson but i can't help but feel annoyed as this is happening a lot out there. Why the h#ll can't extensionists just spend the money on the decent stuff then that way, the end user will have no choice but to accept that this industry is not a make shift cheap jobby.

Surprise, surprise. I had a client come back with their tail between their legs today after ditching me for a cheaper alternative. She paid £130 for a "full head of Russian range" hair and low and behold (????!!!!) it lasted a mere 3 washes before she was complaining about the quality. I took a sample of the hair and got my supplier to test it. It was overprocessed Chinese hair. She has learnt her lesson but i can't help but feel annoyed as this is happening a lot out there. Why the h#ll can't extensionists just spend the money on the decent stuff then that way, the end user will have no choice but to accept that this industry is not a make shift cheap jobby.

Unfortunately they will have to deal with the crap ones to realise who the good ones are!

Matter of fact this picture was literally just posted up on facebook by someone that I know has no hair dressing experience or qualifications. Just look at the sectioning, the quality of the hair! And guess what.... Under £130

Attachments

• 2015-04-16 20.12.50.png
    2015-04-16 20.12.50.png
    929.9 KB · Views: 45
That is beyond a joke. Im mean really? Its laughable!

Unfortunately people always learn the hard way no matter what you do they always search for a cheaper alternative
The cheapest I've done them is £170 for 160 strands fitted that's still 6a but 14 inch double drawn
£60 and £99 is ridiculous what the hell do people expect

I've just had a scour through gumtree. It still amazes me especially the words "Russian range" and "European mixed". What exactly is it mixed with? Horse hair? Lol

I've just had a scour through gumtree. It still amazes me especially the words "Russian range" and "European mixed". What exactly is it mixed with? Horse hair? Lol

Russian range will be glamourous lengths that is actually Indian Hair and rubbish Indian Hair at that!

I live in Houston , Texas and people think a head full of stripey un toned foils for 150 bucks is good hair coloring. Lol. It's getting slighly better the last few years, but not much!

As you already said it’s cheap so they are never concentrating on quality while whatever from I feel is that you are doing a top class quality work, so I never expect you to get to their level and it’s great because not too many people do that. It’s obviously that they purchase it at cheap rates from various sites like eBay or Amazon, so that is the secret to their cheap rates.

Latest posts

Back