How can you mix percentages of tanning solution?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CadenceAlex

Reaction score
I notice that some people say that they mix 8% and 10% to get a 9%.

Can you explain how this works, as I just don't think it is possible.

In an 8% solution formula... there is 8% of the chemical used to make you bronze... the rest is deionized water... please correct me if I am wrong... so surely if you wanted to achieve a 9% you would need to either dilute a 10% with more water... or boost an 8%?

I just don't think this is possible by mixing two bottles of chemical solution that has already been pre-mixed by a pharmaceutical company.

OK, the tan may come out looking right... but I don't think you can call it a 9% or whatever you want to call it.

What do you think?

I have a client I am planning to mix for at her next tan. She finds 5% too light and 8% too dark. I am going to mix these to give a 6.5%.

I can't see why this won't work as it can't just be to do with the water content as you could just dilute and get a lighter tan. That doesn't work I know. (Not me that tried it)

I'll let you know once I have done it.:)

it does work as by mixing two soloutions 10% + 8% =18% then divide this total by 2, =9% simple maths of finding the average!

Latest posts

Back