How did he do it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dani04

Reaction score
...how did ur other half propose?

He didn't

I put a deposit on a ring and he tagged along after that. Lol

Drunk after we both fell down the stairs. He landed on top of me and asked me to marry him

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

After going out for about a month, my husband stated that he was going to marry me - I said don't be stupid, you don't even know me! Anyway we have been married 14 years and have three children.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using SalonGeek mobile app

My dad took us on an amazing holiday to Sri Lanka and the Maldives 3 years ago.

On the 2nd to last night my other half wanted to go to the sunset bar on the island we were on. On the way back, we took some lovely photos of us and the sunset. Unbeknown to me, he had arranged one of the bar staff to meet us on the beach with some towels and a bottle of champagne. He had downloaded a couple of my favourite songs onto his phone. We had a little dance right there on the beach, drank the champagne then he got down on one knee! Romantic little so and so he was! <3

Me at the sunset bar
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1386445966.189729.jpg

Just before the proposal

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1386445991.040458.jpg

And after when we got back to the restaurant - he even had our waiter in on it! Luckily he had already proposed to me by then!! Will you MERRY me!! LOL!!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1386446050.448346.jpg

Mine surprised me by taking me away to a spa hotel he knew I always wanted to go to. He had booked me a massage and after he brought me back to the room where there was balloons and candles and red hearts everywhere. It was such a private and romantic moment exactly what I had wanted :)

It was a complete surprise when it happened as I had been waiting for about 6 months for the proposal, it was hell, I'm the most impatient person in the world. I knew he had the diamond from his dad and we talked about it all the time but he kept making out he wasn't ready to do it. I was so grumpy with him as I couldn't work out why he had taken the diamond from his dad if he wasn't ready! He'd even asked my dad formally for permission and still was saying it wasn't going to happen yet. He's a real planner and procrastinator so wasn't expecting it to happen then which is obv what he wanted :) Xx

He didn't,I did lol.

I got down on one knee in the middle of Watford shopping centre and presented him his ring.He was very embarrassed and when I got down on one knee she muttered what are you doing,get of the floor you look ridiculous lol Hahahahaha he said yes though lol x

He asked me down the phone while I was on holiday as couldn't bear to be without me!!

Andy took me out for a meal at his friends restaurant for our 3 year anniversary. He booked it all himself which was very unusual so I was a bit suspicious. My friends convinced me he was proposing at the restaurant and I got myself so nervous and worked up that I ended up ruining the plan! A week later he proposed with the song marry me - Bruno MarsImageUploadedBySalonGeek1386451151.162968.jpg. I loved it &#128150;&#128141;&#128152;&#128142;

While walking through the Trafford centre, how romantic lol. I had been pointing out rings for him as my ideal ring so he could surprise me but then casually asked me, I'm not in to romance so just said yes then went straight home to do research on diamonds! It took me a couple of weeks to find a place that did my ring but I still love it, and my wedding ring, after four years of getting engaged. It was our 2nd wedding anniversary in October.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1386454499.267031.jpg

Very unromantic! He was taking me out in the car and said something like so should we get married then? He couldn't even look me in the eye as he was driving! Turns out he had bought the ring that day and been round to speak to my parents while I was at work. :)

I'm another 'he didn't'! We'd booked a big sightseeing holiday to Egypt and just sort of decided to turn it into a honeymoon. Egypt holiday got cancelled because of terrorism but we still got married! :-D

The first time he dropped to one knee, I shocked the hell out of me and I walked away and vomited.....the 2nd time (a year after the first episode) we had friends around for my birthday and he got down on his knee to our song and proposed, needless to say I accepted this time!!! &#10084;&#65039;

I read this before bed and had a dream he had proposed to me haha :/ x

He didn't after 3months together I decided he was the man I wanted to marry so. I went to thorntons and brought one of them big chocolate blocks and got them to ice will you marry me? On it :) I gave it to him that night at home and at first he laughed! He then said yes been married 5 years on the 23rd x

The closest I ever got a proposal was mt boyfriend drunk on a night out with a red cowboy hat and rose trying to give the dj a handful of change to let him propose. While i was standing there haha...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

The place I rented had a landlady with 14 cats ! They were shut in a room at the time when my hubby got down on one knee and proposed in the room next to them with the cats wailing and crying ! Wish he had done it more romantically, but I had made my mind up to accept if he asked anyway.

My lovely husband had the ring for 6 months before he decided how to propose..! He organised a night out for his birthday, an wanted to make sure I had lots of my friends there as well. I just thought he was being nice!

We went for a few drinks and ended up at the nightclub where, before we were even together, he once said "I'm going to marry you one day", and I had laughed...! All out friends were there, and he grabbed the mic off the dj, dropped to one knee in the middle of the dance floor and asked me to marry him. And I burst into tears and said yes.

Oh and all our friends bundled us on the dance floor and everyone cheered! And I cried some more!!

It was romantic and perfect and he definitely surprised me!!!

Latest posts

Back