How did he do it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've had 'the' talk so to speak lol I actually said the other day about having a double barrelled surname rather then completely changing mine.
He even took my ring size the other week and that was b4 Christmas, so I've been holding out.
It was our anniversary early December, my bday 3 days b4 Christmas then obv Christmas Eve, Christmas, Boxing Day only thing left is new year.
I really want to just ask him but then I don't want to ruin it if he is planning something.
What to do ladies? X

I always think it would soooo amazing to be propsed to when the bells go ♥!! 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 ... will you marry me boom! Haha ♥

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

We've had 'the' talk so to speak lol I actually said the other day about having a double barrelled surname rather then completely changing mine.
He even took my ring size the other week and that was b4 Christmas, so I've been holding out.
It was our anniversary early December, my bday 3 days b4 Christmas then obv Christmas Eve, Christmas, Boxing Day only thing left is new year.
I really want to just ask him but then I don't want to ruin it if he is planning something.
What to do ladies? X

Ooo so he might be planning! Wait until new year and see. I told him I wouldn't move in with him until he asked me cause I wanted that commitment and he's been planning it all year anyway. I knew it was coming but you can't hide anything from me, I'm terrible and will have to know in advance haha x

Oo this may be nothing but he jumped n got all funny when I looked in his sock drawer for a nail cutter ( he is a man there's no reason for his storage combos lol although I guess socks are for feet n cutters for toenails lol ) anyway he is still in bed so I can't have a nosey lol x

Oo this may be nothing but he jumped n got all funny when I looked in his sock drawer for a nail cutter ( he is a man there's no reason for his storage combos lol although I guess socks are for feet n cutters for toenails lol ) anyway he is still in bed so I can't have a nosey lol x

Don't do it !!! Lol! Let it be a surprise huni. You deserve a nice surprise ;) xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Let it be a suprise, I kept on & on & the more I kept on the longer ii Waited lol finally after 3 years he done it & we've been engaged 2months now he done it when ii least expected it & even tho we not planning on gettin married yet we are planning a trip to New York in December 2014 :)) xxx

Xmas day this year. We have just bought our own house so lots of boxes from furniture being delivered. He made me a giant advent calender with the letters of my name on the doors. I had a card, photos, some petals from my favourite tree, a framed letter from him which is part 2 of a letter he has written me 3 years before.

And the last box had a note saying to close my eyes as it wouldn't fit in the box. Then he went off to get it and came back on one knee!

Love it! Home made and great imagination. Love him xxx

He didn't.

I was going to be deported back to Australia if I didn't get married within 6 months. My boyfriend (we'd already discussed a future together but no proposal) and I just sort of agreed we'd better get on with it.

We had no money and I got a puddly little ring. Today is our 13th anniversary so this is a lovely thread to be reading. When I woke up this morning I was presented with a voucher he made saying that I was entitled to a new replacement diamond engagement ring of my choice. :Love::Love::Love:

I'm still waiting! :evil:

Every excuse under the sun not to get near a jewellers. Voucher isn't worth the money it's written on.

Sat in bed on the morning of my 30th birthday.
We always open cards & presents before we get up & I noticed daughter, who was nearly 1, holding a small box & he said "mummy will you marry my daddy"
I said yes through all the tears of happiness xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

I walked in our bedroom after a **** day at work to find him butt naked on one knee with a ring in one hand, flowers in the other...

I don't think the laughing went down too well.

I tend to go after what I want so I just mentioned we were going to Texas for a visit and would be getting married while there I had a date picked out. He did the one knee thing the night before the wedding!!

I'm delighted that I can now join in this thread after getting engaged on Friday night!

We went away on an overnight stay to a hotel where we have been for dinner a few times and both absolutely love but have never stayed there. I walk in to a huge beautiful room and I'm wandering about checking everything out and then the next thing I know he's down on one knee!!

Was such an amazing surprise! I had no clue! But I am very much delighted :)

Still waiting!!! :(

Me and my OH always laughed about him popping the question, I always stated that I would only say yes if he got down on one knew in front of a crowd ( he is so shy) and with a Xmas cracker type ring (that's what I wanted).

When he decide to pop the question after our youngest was born he arranged all our friends for a surprise gathering (that's the crowd) .
Instead everything was cancelled as our little one was rushed to b'ham children's hospital and was operated on.

Instead the day we got home he got the neighbours round and got down on not one knee but two lol perfect ;-)

My other half proposed in March this year whilst on holiday in Las Vegas :) bought the ring whilst I was shopping in Michael kors then asked me whilst on a gondola outside the Venetian whilst being serenaded in the sun by a beautiful lady singing in Italian. So romantic! I was a wee bit embarrassed by all the Americans cheering us as we got off! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1388425205.269349.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1388425281.269329.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1388425281.269329.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 238
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1388425310.148155.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1388425310.148155.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 58
My other half proposed in March this year whilst on holiday in Las Vegas :) bought the ring whilst I was shopping in Michael kors then asked me whilst on a gondola outside the Venetian whilst being serenaded in the sun by a beautiful lady singing in Italian. So romantic! I was a wee bit embarrassed by all the Americans cheering us as we got off!View attachment 51540

This looks like a gorgeous setting!! Did he pick the ring himself? If so good on him!!!xxx

I'm still waiting... and I think I will be for a very long time! My clients are all practically wetting themselves with excitement because we are going to a romantic couples getaway log cabin next week in the New Forest and they're convinced he will ask me then. I'm not so sure though! If he does I will be so surprised.

All these proposals make me feel really weepy! In a nice way lol :)

Xxx

My man done it the day after my 21st birthday - we went to Disneyland Paris. (I'm a sap, I love Disneyland and Disney World) it was all Christmassy and Snowy!

He got down on one knee at night in the Disney Village will all the snow falling. Very sweet but my answer through the tears was "Get up you f#@$ing idiot... people are looking" hahaha

I did say yes btw ;)

Still waiting for my wedding 5 years later haha

xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
Did we get any proposals at the bells?

Latest posts

Back