How did you all decide on your business name?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulaJayne1976

Reaction score
Morning geeks.

Sadly I'm laid up on the settee today after passing out on the stairs and hitting my jaw causing some nasty swelling and bruising 😔
Anyway, im already well on the way to passing my nail tech course, mani module completed, OPI GelColor training booked, shellac intro kit purchased from cnd and shellac training soon to be booked 😊
Trying to be constructive whilst I can do little else and come up with a classy yet catchy name for my business and didn't realise how hard it would be lol
How did you guys all come up with your names?

Xxx

My name came easily I get called The Posh Bird by my mates due to my luggage, I know mad lol and my friends always say I have sparkly nails as do love glitter, so that's how Posh n Sparkle by Maz came about

Awwww thanks maz.
That's a fab name and very memorable and catchy too. It's lovely that it has something to do with you too.
My chap has always called me princess so I could try and incorporate that but I fancied summat a bit more unusual xxx

Simply dashing from one client to another when I was living in Spain one client meant to says Express Nails but said Nails Express in error. I nicked it immediately and changed it slightly to NailsXpress instead.

My name is Debbie, my mate always calls me Bee and my name in Hebrew means Bee. I'm in the beauty industry so that's how Bee Beautiful came about. 😄 Hope you feel better soon. Xx

Hope you feel better soon I'm under TLC Nails and beauty. I offer both nail and beauty treatments (obviously )but TLC are my daughters initials Tamzin Lisa Carter xx

Thanks ladies 😊
I think it's lovely when the names have some meaning behind them.
I'm still lay here racking my little brain lol. And thank you so much for the well wishes Bee Beautiful :) much appreciated xxx

Hope you feel better soon I'm under TLC Nails and beauty. I offer both nail and beauty treatments (obviously )but TLC are my daughters initials Tamzin Lisa Carter xx

Awwwww that's lovely Lisa :)
Especially with the initials also standing for tender loving care. Lovely name xxx

Hi everyone I'm new and this is the first thread I came across Iv called my business "Bonne Sante" it's French for good health because my last name is French but I was stuck for a while on what to call my self, I wanted something that would be an umbrella for all the treatments I offer or may offer in the future that had meaning and sounded classy 😉

Mine took weeks to decide upon. I wanted something that rolled of the tongue, sounded indulgent and professional.
To be honest the logo was the hardest, I wanted simple looking but still very classic and indulgent that had a hint to being romantic xoxo

Lil miss buffit came about when my youngest was little and couldnt say
little miss muffit poem properly , it was cute so i used it . im not little and im not a miss i am a big mrs LOL but that didnt have the same ring .

Ive named mine Oh So Chic. Id already choosen shabby chic as the interior theme for the salon as I think its classy and wanted to somehow incorporate that in the name. I was talking to a friend about it and she said she was doing a project in uni on a business called So chic and I said that's really cute. She said I could use it but I felt it needed something more and that's where Oh So Chic came from! My loyalty scheme is Oh So VIP! Hehe. My fb and website are oh so chic salon so people know I'm a salon. Xx

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

These are all brilliant!
Just so wish I could be as creative as you ladies lol xxx

My last name is Evans, and I originally chose 'heavenly hair' and my hubby said one night after a few beers, 'wouldn't it be good if you called it Evanly Hair' so I pinched it! Lol x

My salon is called Belle Vie Beauty which loosely translates from French to Beautiful Life, which i think is appropriate. I love it, but I'm worried now it is a bit "old" I wish I had gone for a single word. Nothing related to the beauty industry but describes the salon. A hair salon near me is called Unique, I think it is great. There's a beauty salon called N-Hance I'm not too keen on that name though.

I'm planning on opening a nail bar in a high street location as soon as I can (hopefully this summer) and looking forward to coming up with something different but relative to the atmosphere/decor I want to create.

X

My husband and I were sitting down one night thinking about names and he came up with Beauty Calls as I would be mobile and going to the client. I then had a light bulb moment and then shouted out Beauticles. After jumping about rather excitedly I decided that was it.

Love my name and have never looked back. The husband still thinks that Beauty Calls wins but what would he know! lol xx

Mines is Tips N Toes,
I don't do any other treatments except nail treatments therefore didnt want any beauty aspect in my name. Another idea i had was perfect 10 but it sounds like a shampoo or something.

Mine is TipToe Nails.

I thought the word tiptoe was cute and sounded dainty rather than Tip and Toe as separate words, but I liked the look of two capital T's.

I am predominantly a nail tech but have been adding other treatments to my menu - I still want to do mostly nails though so won't be changing my business name.

Xxx

Beauty Box

My beauty room is above a clothes boutique it's a smallish room at the top of the building it really suits the name. I also go mobile and work out of a beauty box with all my bits in so it works well then too ! I quite like funny quirky names tho my mums clothes boutique is called Dirti Gerties which is fun lol xxx

Latest posts

Back