How did you find your way here?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ch-ela

Reaction score
2000 posts! Well I hope there are a few intelligent, helpful ones amongst them too.

So I was wondering what brought others here to this site. How did you find Salon Geek? Did you join in right away?

I remember looking up Marian Newman (Mum) on the internet and then discovering Salon Geek. This must have been about 7-8 years ago. I was fascinated by all the information here. I stayed mainly in the Nail forum and it served me well when I was discovering methods and brands that were unavailable to us in Switzerland. I (safely) stayed a lurker for a long time. I was shy, and in awe of all the seasoned geeks here.

I didn't join until last year when I finally gave up my job and started my little business. I have now branched out into beauty as well as nails, and it's safe to say that I have learnt more here than I could have ever hoped for at college.

How did you come to be on Salongeek?

A girl I met doing bio sculpture told me about it.
Loved it straight away and helped me a lot with any teething problems I had!
I jumped straight in with my size sevens ;) xx

Cant actually remember how i found it but was so addicted once i did...now i dont have as much time to be on here but still try between clients etc...thats the great thing about sg is that its 24/7 so whenever you have a free moment you can log on x...have met so many geeks in person, lots who have become great friends, some who i turn to for advice or a second opinion and some who are just acquaintances but so glad to know them all x

Good Topic Ch-ela :)

I too searched Marian Newman and came across Salon Geek, this was before I had started my courses but I had nail knowledge already so knew of certain bits and bobs, books etc and came across Marian that way.

I was a very quiet geek initially, I got shot down a few times for asking questions and was very intimidated by the very obvious long term more experienced geeks, it was only once I found myself in the Ping Pong Shming Shmong thread that I found folk with the same daft sense of humour as myself and let myself out there and quite soon I felt brave enough to begin helping other geeks asking questions in threads.
and of course now I am just a regular geek ;)

Now I find this is often the first place I head to when I switch the laptop on, not the phone tho.. the salon geek app crashes my phone and my old brick takes too long to load the webpage lol.

I came across it a few years ago doing some research but wasn't brave enough to join as I didn't feel knowledgeable enough. Finally joined last year.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I googled nail lifting Nsi acrylic and a thread from salon geek came up ... This was years ago

Beauty at your finger tips!

I was researching before I started mobile and this salon geek kept turning up on any question or topic I was putting in to search .
So I decided to search salon geek and here I am x

I was probably looking something up when I came across SG. I too was quite shy at the beginning but have come along way since then. I would agree that I have learnt so much on here.

I found it about 6 years ago while doing hairdressing coursework, no idea how I managed to find a thread discussing nail enhancements on children. I lurked for a while. Felt out of my depth in the hair forums and then forgot all about until late last year when I started level 3 beauty. I was researching ways to adapt massage to suit a male client for a report I had to write. The email address I previously used is out of use so I signed up a-fresh there and then, hurt my ribs laughing at the embarrassing things to happen during a treatment thread and found myself jumping in on topics I felt confident in. I've learned so much from the people here, and the nails pages really helped me as I hated all aspects of that particular section of my course and now I love it, especially now I have discovered other systems exist and there are easily accessible courses available in each one. I've learned now that there is more to the industry than one general beauty therapy course and I intend on going on more.

Oh... I just steamed straight on in.

You have my lovely Environ rep to thank for me being here!

Forgive me, I find there are far more opportunists than professionals on this site. .. However, that said there are a handful that are extremely successful, knowledgeable and professional within their fields and the nails/nail art is amazing, such talented passionate people out there... as for the business forum. .. hmm I think most have read my views once or twice. Ha.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
I was looking for answers for my level 3 beauty exam :D
Found them on here and have been a member ever since

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Looking on google for a nail tech course :)

I was googling best micro ring pliers, and it came up so I clicked on it and was sooo excited as to what I had found!! I log on every day but don't post much x

I was a lurker for a while. There was a thread where two hairgeeks were doing an 'omg how embarrassing that you even thought that, are you qualified?' turn on another geek who was actually right in what he was saying . So I waded in and pointed out in fact what he was saying was right and could be done and they shouldn't have come across so mean. Caused quite a stir ......
I like to make an entrance ......

a friend in college whilst studying hair told me about here, I've been viewing for awhile. finally registered couple of days ago :)

I typed in Hairdressing level 2 courses a couple of years ago and salong geek came up and been obsessed ever since, still haven't made it to college yet because I keep faffing around so I'm an unqualified geek but this year is the year 😃

I Googled hairdressing forums. :D

Latest posts

Back