How did you practice intimate waxing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candystarrstarr

Reaction score
Hey ladies :))

I'm doing my intimate waxing course next month with "Kim Lawless" and I can't wait :) super excited! I work from home and I'm still trying to get up and running (between trying to raise a family) I just wanted to know how did you manage to get plenty of practice in once you had done your course? I've been advertising "free" intimate waxing (on my fb page) for next month once I've passed but no one seems interested :-/ I'm scared I'll forget all my skills if I don't have plenty of people to practice on! Any ideas? How did you get your practice in? Xxxxxx

I offered a special introductory price as I knew I'd want to charge & cover costs but people love an offer.
Instead of saying free intimate waxing try advertising a 1 month special introductory price and see if people want to book in.
Sometimes people think that free means it may not be very good or you'll use cheap products, you WILL be good after Kim's training (possibly a little slow but still good I promise) just make it clear that it's a limited time offer and too good to miss.
Make sure to text all your clients about your new intro offer & put it on facebook too, make sure to tell anyone you know who gets waxed that you have an offer on & there will be no further offers (you won't need to put an offer on it again as word will spread :wink2:).

I did Kim's course and then went straight to doing it, charging full price. I do loads now.

Advertising it for free could well be putting people off. I wouldn't want to have my hollywood done by someone who doesn't know what they are doing, even though i have it regularly.

Act confident until you feel it. They won't know and they will have confidence in you too xx

When I graduated from college. I marched straight into the most popular strip club in the city and asked the adult entertainers to help me out :) I charged them minimal prices to cover my cost, and within months time I had over 170 entertainers coming to see me. City where I was established is Canada's Sin City and every block has a strip club on it, I can thank my success to a whole bunch of easy going people that trusted me lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

After Kim's course you will be confident enough to carry out treatments.
Just take your time, act professionally (she tells you how) and do small sections at a time and you will build up a bit of speed.
We all had to start somewhere too !

I did one practice friend then straight into clients (so to speak). The friend was great as I did it like I was taught by Kim, but without her guiding presence. Confidence is definitely the key, and a cool fan in the room - mine gets SO hot!

Vicki x

I felt confident straight away but practiced on both my sisters as had promised them a free wax. Problem now is getting clients in. I'm mostly busy with shellac and brows but so far no clients for intimate waxing.

Thanks ladies for all you advice! I know confidence is the key I need a kick up the butt I think I'm such a nervous waxer feel like I'm going to pass out just waxing an eyebrow lol xxx

Don't worry, Kim will fill you with confidence. She is fantastic! If you're that nervous, you might benefit from her speed waxing course too. I did it a while after my college training and it really does help. I love waxing now xx

I did 3 of my brothers mates for free then went straight in at full price to the public.

As above, I would avoid advertising anything for free as it makes you look like you’re not worth the price you will be charging.

Go to your course with a positive and can do attitude and you’ll be fine. Write down now any questions or concerns that you may have then ask Kim if any of them are not addressed during your training. Trainers like lots of questions; they make the course more interesting. Make Kim work for her money!

What would be a good introductory price? Xx

What are you planning to charge at full price?

I knew I was going to charge £35 for both a Brazillain & a Hollywood so I did an intro offer of £15 for just 1 month.

I made sure to add what the full price would be after the 1 month offer on all facebook posts & my website :wink2: and that there would be no further offers after the intro one.

If someone on FB offered me free intimate waxing I would be thinking "well what are THEY getting out of waxing my lady fro"

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I suggest that you go straight into waxing paying clients. Yes you will be nervous but when you think that most UK therapists have not had any training in Brazilian waxen whatsoever, you'll be off to a head start. It's all about the confidence.

Of course it'd be great to get practice in beforehand but never wax friends or family as they'll scream and moan and it will knock your confidence. Client do neither. Then if you advertise cheap waxing you'll get people that have shaved five days before so you'll learn nothing. Just go for it! x

I suggest that you go straight into waxing paying clients. Yes you will be nervous but when you think that most UK therapists have not had any training in Brazilian waxen whatsoever, you'll be off to a head start. It's all about the confidence.

Of course it'd be great to get practice in beforehand but never wax friends or family as they'll scream and moan and it will knock your confidence. Client do neither. Then if you advertise cheap waxing you'll get people that have shaved five days before so you'll learn nothing. Just go for it! x

Arhh Kim your gonna have to inject me with confidence at your training next month!!! Lol x

Latest posts

Back