How do I deal with this client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmberStevens1

Reaction score
I have a client who comes to me every 2 weeks. She brings her two little boys along and their behaviour is atrocious! They fight, are rude, touch my property, go out of my nail room and try to look around my house and I just can't concerntrate. I tell them not to but I can't exactly raise my voice as they are my clients children, she tries telling them off but they just run rings around her and she can't leave them with anybody as her husband works and she has no family nearby.
I've got to the point now where I dread her appointments and I don't want her as I client anymore. What do I do?

I have a client who comes to me every 2 weeks. She brings her two little boys along and their behaviour is atrocious! They fight, are rude, touch my property, go out of my nail room and try to look around my house and I just can't concerntrate. I tell them not to but I can't exactly raise my voice as they are my clients children, she tries telling them off but they just run rings around her and she can't leave them with anybody as her husband works and she has no family nearby.
I've got to the point now where I dread her appointments and I don't want her as I client anymore. What do I do?
You could tell her that regulations are coming into place that prevent children from being permitted around the monomer and dust? I would start from a safety point of view, Theres not many ways to deal with it without being rude its a tough one as shes already been coming to you and bringing them for a while.

I think you're best being honest and telling her that from a specific date it will be a child free salon. I did it a few months ago and told clients in advance.
I explained that the safety of their children was paramount and it also meant they could relax and enjoy their appointment and I could concentrate and provide the best service I can.

I think you're best being honest and telling her that from a specific date it will be a child free salon. I did it a few months ago and told clients in advance.
I explained that the safety of their children was paramount and it also meant they could relax and enjoy their appointment and I could concentrate and provide the best service I can.
This

And if she can't accept that, it doesn't sound like a great loss, that would drive me nuts

I agree, or if you want a bit of a cover story tell her you've changed insurance company and they do not allow children etc. Would it be feesible to go to her?

what Cinderella said [emoji108]

Cinderella71 that some great advice

Lovely professional response. Id use this.

...she can't leave them with anybody as her husband works and she has no family nearby.
... I don't want her as I client anymore. What do I do?

This really annoys me.
It's her problem to solve, not yours to put up with.

I don't have free childcare on tap, very few people do in real life. If she's desperate to have some quiet time to get her nails/hair done, she either has to to do baby sitting swaps with friends or pay for childcare just like the rest of us.

Be booked......:cool:

Tell them you have just bought a huge dog and if the children leave the room it will eat them....

Tell them you have just bought a huge dog and if the children leave the room it will eat them....

Hahaha crying

Amber Stevens what was the outcome with this one? [emoji5]️

Say to her child/children that if they get up out of their chair or play up then a kitten dies. Cruel to be kind.

In all seriousness - just don't book her.

I think this client needs a mobile therapist. Perhaps you can give her the phone number of someone?

Latest posts

Back