how do i fund my new business? HELP!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frenchy beut

Reaction score
HI everybody

Really new to this but wanted advice on business start up. Been in the beauty therapy industry for 9 years now. Have been a trainer for crystal clear for 2 years and am desperate to start my own salon One MAJOR problem though is have no money behind me. Finding that banks will only loan 50% of business plan needs, government grants are like gold dust and dont know where to turn next really need some help please.

You don't say anything about your current work situation (ie employed or self-employed).

You could always start up freelance within a hair, tanning salon or gymn. Once you have built a healthy client base, you will probably earn more than you would being employed in a salon.

You don't have to have your own premises to run a successful busines. Renting space has a lot of advantages.

Starting up a salon takes a lot of investment, not only in terms of initial investment of rent, equipment, furniture, product, rates, kitting out the salon, staff, ppl, etc and then you need to advertise heavily to build up your trade.

As a ball park figure, depending on area, starting from scratch I'd guestimate £20k as a starter price...well that was my starter.

Government funding is sparce....good luck if you can find some!

Otherwise it's investing your own money or a bank loan.

not sure about your area etc...but i got a very low rate loan for 10k and did it easy with that!!!!

good luck xx

Latest posts

Back