How do I get it a more milk chocolate brown for her to counteract the red without goi

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myowntime

Reaction score
Hi I'm mobile its 15 years since i trained as a hairdresser and beauty therapist....I don't do much hair now mainly beauty......a friend has recomendedd me to a newish client who has been having solid chocolate brown full head colour at a salon, she had found it too dark the ends were very dry and split an she didn't want to loose too much length she has long hair.....she had been letting it fade. We discused helping her grow out he solid colour build up, then as it grows out we could introduce some dark blond tones to lighten it. When she came to me she had a very wide natural root area (about 3-4 inches)

I suggested that we use a lighter brown tone i used (ion) 5.53 with 9% cream peroxide developer which was an excellent match to what the ends had faded to. She as really happy with it....I've just done a second appointment of low lights and another trim most of the split ends are gone now although there is still colour build up on the mid length to ends. she feels that the overall colour is a little bit redder than she would like. How do I get it a more milk chocolate brown for her & counteract the red tone the original colour is fading to without going too dark, does that make sense? i was wondering about using a semi permanent colour wash.....

Hi. I don't use Ioa, what does .53 represent in the tones? What is the clients natural base? Is she naturally warm? Is she quite dark for you to be using 9%?

You may need to go in with an ash tone to counteract any warmth. Are you just going in with foils each time? If you go in with an ash toner, a shade lighter, it may kill some warmth. :)

Hi thank you......her base is a 6 the colour i used is ion 5.53 ligh mahogany golden brown. I chose this colour to match the ends, but i want to get away from the red now i've been using easy meche strips doing lots of fine low lights, as she doesn't like stripes hee he

If you wash over the whole thing with a LIGHT (level 7 or 8) green based semi, it will neutralise the red without making it darker. I would use EQ08GN, not sure what the equivalent is in other ranges tho.

Thank you so much....... that sounds like a good idea i'll let you know how i get on x

:D This is the text message i recieved this morning from my client i treated last night. I baught a L'Oreal Diacolour geele 7.01 to use and it worked perfectly the colour looked great last night. I knew she was pleased with it last night..... so was i! but she's obviously woke up this morning looked in the mirror and felt strongly enough to send that text. So thank you for helping me make my client so happy x

Latest posts

Back