How do I remove the hard skin from my feet

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire.1611

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have searched through the old threads and there seems to be a mixture of responses, basically I want to know the safest and best way to remove hard skin from my feet. I am not trained in pedicures, so not too sure what to do.

Some threads have said to use a foot file, some a blade (obviously I'm not going to use a blade) and some have said callus cream (I don't know what this is). As I'm not trained in pedicures I won't be doing it for clients, It's just for me. What are the best tools of the trade to remove the skin?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Hi!
A good pumice stone is excellent for removing dead dry skin from your heels and balls of feet. You can buy them from boots, superdrug, body shop... and use lots of moisturiser on a night.
HTH!

For myself, when I'm in a hurry, I use a foot file from Sally's. I 'sand' my dry feet, then put Cucumber heel therapy and some socks on. The next morning...I have baby feet. :)

don't use a blade. you don't want to completely REMOVE your callus, just "soften" it only. you need your calluses. if they're bad, it's going to take a couple of pedicures to tame them. use foot files, pumice stones, pedi scrubbers, and any callus softener. i use OPI foot files and callus smoother on my clients, it works on the worst feet. good luck hun!

I have found that if a client has a large build up of skin and callus tissue the best way is to it in session you can not remove it all at once. I first use a dry file that will take of a good deal. You can also use callus remover or fruit enzyme products I use a pumpkin enzyme product that helps with that.

Treat yourself to a pedicure : )

As a Chiropodist/Podiatrist I would advise you to see one of my colleagues.
A certain amount of hard skin can be removed by buffing and moisturising but there may be some areas that need debridement by scalpel-work and a Chiropodist/Podiatrist is best at that.
Look for the letters M.Ch.S after the name and you will then know they have done the 3 year F/T course.
Hope that helps.
Footwoman.

i would recommend cnd's spa pedicure products, they smell lovely and work wonders, soak them, scrub them, put masque on, remove hard skin with metal foot file, then go over it with sand paper looking file and then use oil/a cream to hydrate! Do not use one of them knifes/blades to cut hard skin as it will come back harder, everyone will have a 'pad' on the bottom of their feet as your feet take your body weight!

Thank you for your replies, I would love a pedicure but I can not stand people touching my feet!
So the best way is to keep moisturising and using a footfile, will keep at it. Thanks again x

You could buy yourself a ped egg or invest in a callus peel treatment - a professional product sold by Beauty Select. Are you a Beauty Therapist?

Latest posts

Back