How do Sixth Form Colleges work ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marlise

Reaction score
Hi,

This will probably sound like a really stupid question, but how do Sixth Form Colleges work ?

Can you do GCSE subjects at SF or is it just A levels ?

I've looked at two SFC web sites, but I only see A level subjects offered.... am I being daft ?

Marlise

In my town the sixth form college is for A levels.

To gain entry you must have attained a certain number of GCSEs at C level or above including maths, English, a science and a language. HTH

In my town the sixth form college is for A levels.

To gain entry you must have attained a certain number of GCSEs at C level or above including maths, English, a science and a language. HTH

That's what I thought ...

I'm not familiar with the UK education system, so promise I'm not really as thick as I sound :lol:

Thanks

M.

I think if its a stand a lone 6th form college then its for a-levels,
i went to 6th form college(but it was an extension to the high school i went to)...to do gcse re-sits....cause i was a bad-en....:eek:
give them a call and check

I did a couple of O level resits at sixth form college (failed 'em worse than the first time!). Although as they were O levels, it was back in the dark ages! :)

I'm looking at two stand alone SFC (16 - 19 years) and they only do A-levels.

The ones that are part of a school do GCSE, but wasn't quite what we were looking for.

There are so many things different to your education system that my head is spinning. I've spoken to the Council and they keep talking to me like I know what they are saying.... who know what Year 11 means :lol:

M.

Latest posts

Back