How do these Shellac colours sound to start out with?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sally1982

Reaction score
i have my training in a couple of weeks but im just getting some colours together to start with... i bought the starter kit so have have got negligee, cream puff, wildfire and fedora with it, but i was thinking of buying the following also do they sound like a good selection? is there any you would remove/add etc..

hot chillis
gotcha
masquerade
iced cappucino
purple purple
strawberry smoothie
and the limited adition duo that they have at the moment...

do they sound ok to start out with?

i have my training in a couple of weeks but im just getting some colours together to start with... i bought the starter kit so have have got negligee, cream puff, wildfire and fedora with it, but i was thinking of buying the following also do they sound like a good selection? is there any you would remove/add etc..

hot chillis
gotcha
masquerade
iced cappucino
purple purple
strawberry smoothie
and the limited adition duo that they have at the moment...

do they sound ok to start out with?

I agree with most except gotcha. I would go for tutti Frutti or hot pop pink.

xxx

oh really, ok and now im thinking should i have blackpool in there somewhere... and maybe rock royaltu instead of purple purple? ahh its so hard when on a budget xx

Tutti for the pink way more popular!

I dot used strawberry smoothie that often moon light and roses would be a better investment from my own personal view as can use it to do French if clients want a shimmer and it layers really well on top of all other shades therefore allowing u to offer more shades, looks fab on purple purple an d asphalt x

I agree about getting a layering colour such as m&r x

have a look at the kit in shellac accesories on offer, it includes purple purple, asphalt, hotski, moonlight and roses (very popular colour for french, on its own or layering) studio white (great with the additives or soft french) and zillionaire (glitter effect) and then just add a pink, id say tutti frutti as a good all round started pink.

this way you get lots of colours and layering choices for a great price, and of course add the xmas duo...even more layering ideas. if you can get the additives kit or at least a couple of additives the colour choice would be endless mixed with all these.

here are some combos for what i have suggested:
M+R adds a new dimension to any colour and if clients want to soften a colour this great for that,

asphalt and M+R makes a nice lilacy pinky colour
purple purple and M+R makes a lilac
asphalt with zillionaire
hotski is great under say asphalt and then carve a design out and it shows thru

hth xx

right so if i got that special kit with zillionaire,studio white,m+r, asphalt, purple purple and hotski then added masquerade and tutti frutti do you think thats enough of a selection to offer to the public? with layering am i right in thinking instead of doing two coats of one colour you do one of each?... i cant really afford to get additives yet but that is def on my list of wants lol x

I emailed s2 to find out their top ten colours. She said TUTTI FRUTTI
TROPIX
HOT POP PINK
STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE
HOLLYWOOD
WILDFIRE
MASQURADE
FEDORA
DARK LAVA
RUBBLE

right so if i got that special kit with zillionaire,studio white,m+r, asphalt, purple purple and hotski then added masquerade and tutti frutti do you think thats enough of a selection to offer to the public? with layering am i right in thinking instead of doing two coats of one colour you do one of each?... i cant really afford to get additives yet but that is def on my list of wants lol x

i think its good enough to get you started, you will then have one of each colour more or less, i started off with just the special kit and red, i didnt even have a pink then have kept adding a few a month. if you want to layer it depends on the desired result whether you do 2 coats of one colour and 1 of the other or 1 each.

people are always going to want colours you havent got but if you wear the colours you have they quite often want those! if you put your wildfire over say asphalt it dulls the red down so by just having a play on some colour pops you will see that you can make so many colours and shades of colours by either brightening or darkening down x

If you can squeeze your budget out a big get your hands on the additives- you can create even more colours when pressed in to the tacky layer of different colour shellac and you can even chop/mix additives together to create even more colour options. You can buy as a kit or individually and one pot of additives is less than one bottle of shellac, so on your budget this is a great idea as well.

what colour additive would be the most beneficial to me if i went with the above colours?

Latest posts

Back