How do they do it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ceecee71

Reaction score
Just randomly flicking around google and seen a number of hair extensions available for £150 for full head all in. The pictures looked quite good. So, knowing this is not possible - are these people using other people's pictures? Where are they getting the hair? Are they only charging like £20 for a fitting? I don't understand...

it depends on where they buy their hair and what quality the hair is.

You can buy a full head for £60 cheap chinese 0.5g if they are charging £150 they are coming away with £90.

Hair may look good when it's first fitted, curled(hides everything) etc but it may all go down hill after the first couple of washes.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

[QUOTE=Nails but is it really possible to get 'that' hair to look good? I've trialled so many and now only use angel remy, studio58 tape and Tasha Jacks. £60 for a full head must surely look dreadfully thin at ends and last 3-4 washes?? Maybe they don't rely on repeat business.

Like I said. Curling hair hides all imperfections and wispy ends. The client will know no different and the pictures will look half decent.

It depends on how the extensionist advertises her extensions.

They may have a budget range that only lasts 1-2 months and the client knows that. Obviously if they are advertising it as double drawn thick lovely hair then the client will soon find out after a few washes and the extensionist will have to deal with the comeback.

There are a few extension suppliers that offer cheap chinese hair but they sell it as a low budget range and the price reflects that.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

[QUOTE=Nails even the cheaper single drawn hair can look good straight when cut,but you need to order say 22" and cut a good few inches off but for clients that can't afford to pay a lot it's a good option x

I was asked today to get some "cheap" human clip un's for someone (to dye blue and use as flashes of colour) when I told her how much I could get a set of pre dyed blue extensions for she replied "ok blonde to dye yourself" I think she was shocked to find they were the same price regardless of colour so for me to dye would actually be more!
I wouldn't mind but she's my cousin and was expecting real hair to be pennies clearly.

I've used belong hair it's around 50-60 for a full head of wefts it's Malaysian hair not remy but feels nice and soft I'm looking for a new place for wefts but so far this is the only place that does 26 inch wefts xx

I've used belong hair it's around 50-60 for a full head of wefts it's Malaysian hair not remy but feels nice and soft I'm looking for a new place for wefts but so far this is the only place that does 26 inch wefts xx

I use belong for my budget range. Some
of my girls get 3-4 months out of it. Mainly under 20yr olds who can't afford the next level up which is angel remy. Although a few of them have now tried it and want to pay the extra.
I've also used belong on clients who are 1st timers and don't know if extensions are for them. They get to try it for a couple months before upgrading x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

New tech in my town advertising today on fb "the best Russian hair extensions for £150" 😳🔫 needless to say lots of likes and enquires. It's advertisements like this which makes all other extension techs look like we are ripping clients off by charging more but clients will learn pay cheap pay twice

Latest posts

Back