How do we find staff?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsa1980

Reaction score
My husband and I have been running our salon for 8 and a half years in South Manchester (he's the stylist, I deal with the business side when I am not doing my day job) and the staff that we currently have have all ended up working for us as they knew him in the past and at some point they have asked us for a job.

We have a mix of employed and chair rental staff.

As we currently live above the salon, we would like to be able to move out and need to turn our flat into salon space to fund this and are about to embark on the required building work and refurbishment of the current space.

We are looking for 2 self employed stylists and ideally also another stylist (employed or self-employed) to replace someone who has just emigrated to Australia and has left a reasonably sized clientele.

Can anyone give us any tips on how we advertise / attract new staff? We have posters in the window and we've asked the current staff if they know of anyone interested, but we're having no luck.

Where do hairdressers look for new jobs?
What would entice you to join a new salon?
What would put you off?

Any advice (or interest in the posts) gratefully received!

Thank you

I thou should advertise the posts on professional sites such as hairdressers. Journal.
I live in south manc and there seems to be quite a lot of salons. You just have to make urself better known than the others. Even posting on te job centre website and even offering the chair rental at a reduce rate for a few months until they have got themselves more established??

Thanks, will look at HJ

Do stylists look at the job centre?

Salon geek has a recruitment section, worth a try!

Latest posts

Back