How do you advertise your home salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funkymanda

Reaction score
Hiya everyone,

I unfortunately am having to move out of my lovely room i rent within a hairdressers at the end of the month as they are selling.

So as I can't find a room big enough anywere I have decided to set up at home.

I know I will have quite a few clients that will come with me but how do I advertise for more...... do you put the address of your house on the leaflets you hand out, do you call yourself a home based salon?????

Can anyone help?
Although I have been quite successful with setting up my business I feel as if I am starting from scratch again!!

Thanks any advice or suggestions are most welcome

Amanda
www.funkyfingertips.co.uk

funkymanda said:
Hiya everyone,

I unfortunately am having to move out of my lovely room i rent within a hairdressers at the end of the month as they are selling.

I know I will have quite a few clients that will come with me but how do I advertise for more...... do you put the address of your house on the leaflets you hand out, do you call yourself a home based salon?????

Can anyone help?
Although I have been quite successful with setting up my business I feel as if I am starting from scratch again!!

Amanda
I have a home based salon and that is how I advertise myself, I do not put my address on flyers just the area, if a client contacts me i then tell them the address. I have a paid advert in yell.com which works very well

That is very helpfull, thanks for your reply.

Is there anything else I need to know about setting up a home based salon - anything that you have learnt that works well or to stay clear from.

I am a nail and beauty therapist and also offer male treatments, this bit i am not sure about - for saftey reasons.... do you just do nails or beauty?

Thanks Amanda

www.funkyfingertips.co.uk:lol:

Here in montreal, we have what is called a "Publi-Sac"
One company distributes all the flyers/brochures for the department stores, grocery stores..etc.
These bags are left hanging off the mailbox twice a week.

I use them.
I pay 47$ cdn per 1000 flyers. I print them, give them to this company, and they put them in their bags and distribute them. I get much better response to this than any add in any paper. Usually for every thousand flyers, I get a minimum of 4 calls. So, they do end up paying for themselves.

I hope this helps, although, I have no clue if you have anything similar in the UK

Thst sounds really good idea...but here it would be really expensive.

Ummm
Have you tried contacting one of your local papers or other, to see if they can distribute them in/with the newspaper? Call and see.

I thought the publi sac would be pricey, then called and found out how cheap it was.
Call around.

Another thing I do is every time I go shopping or anywhere public.. I leave my flyers there. In the foodcourts of the shopping malls, in the public bathrooms.. all over the place LOL
It works and it's less work than putting them in mailboxes or on cars in parking lots LOL

I have also solicited a few staff members of a couple of boutiques in the mall. I offered them a set at a much reduced price as long as they tell clients where they get their nails done.
so far 8 referrals that way.

:green:

funkymanda said:
That is very helpfull, thanks for your reply.

Is there anything else I need to know about setting up a home based salon - anything that you have learnt that works well or to stay clear from.

I am a nail and beauty therapist and also offer male treatments, this bit i am not sure about - for saftey reasons.... do you just do nails or beauty?

Thanks Amanda

www.funkyfingertips.co.uk:lol:
yes, Keep you husband and kids out of the way, | wish my room had a complety seperate door, when we move thats what I would like or even a seperate unit. keep the floor simple in case you spill anything, make sure you have good ventilation/extraction, insurance, msds sheets, the list is endless, I would only have male clients if you know them or if someone else is in the house untill you do get to know them.

Hiya
You can put a free line advert in home town yellow pages
Ring the sales line they will put you details under beauty in the next issue.:green:
Jenny

funkymanda said:
Hiya everyone,

Can anyone help?

Amanda

you could also try a leaflet drop in your area...that always helps to bring clients in

xx

You can also get a free advert on Yell.com I have rubber magnetic signs on my car which can be taken on and off as I want, with my contact details (no address)and what services I offer. Put fliers up in pubs, hairdressers that dont have nail techs, doctor and dentist surgeries, house leaflet drops, nursery schools primary and secondary schools, gyms, leisure centres...in fact any where you can think of to get people to know you are out there....then its by word of mouth:)
nail geek car sign closeup 1.jpg

Thanks for all your help, my head is in a million places at the moment trying to sort everything out and you have helped me to focus!

I love this forum everyone is so freindly and full of great advice and tips.

I will keep you all posted with how it all goes and anymore hits and tips please keep them coming, we can all help each other out :lol:

Take care
Amanda

[email protected]

i use yell.com and my advert is about to go in the yellow pages. my address is on yell.com but i haven't put it on my yellow pages ad, just the area.

i personally found newspaper advertising extremely expensive for very little return. i wouldn't go back to it, and the week i cancelled it i got 3 clients from yell.com.

Latest posts

Back