How do you advertise your nail art prices?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joingram87

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just posted a similar question in the konad group but more towards art using konad, however...

I was wondering how you advertise tour nail art prices? Do you say a flat 50p per nail for what ever they want (e.g glitter, such as the new rockstar way, with konad, or fimo canes etc)

Or 50p per 1type of nail art such as konad or canes on their own?

Or do you have a start price and say depending what they want you will quote them a price?

Just trying to find the simplest way to advertise a few types of art (I wannt to do rockstar toes which I will set a price completely separate but I also have konad and canes) and I want keep it simple so my price list doesn't go on forever! Lol

How do you lovely geeks do it?

Thanks for your help-sorry if this has been posted already and I have missed it, maybe it can be merge into an old post if it has?

Jo xxx
Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

At the moment I don't do all the options you are talking about however I put £3.50 for nail art and then put that canes, stickers or diamanties (sp) are £1 extra, acrylic bows are 50p each

Hope that helps

I have put on my price list "Add £6.00 for nail art" underneath my regular service costs where nail art could be an option for a client.

I do not charge by the nail and just add a flat rate for the art as it is usualy on at least one nail per hand anyway.. if they want it on all nails then why not?

I think £6 completely covers the cost for any gems, glitter, paint etc and not forgetting the odd Swarovski crystal here and there.

That is how I roll, and I hope it helps :D

x

Last edited:
I say art starts at 50p per nail. That way, you can judge a price at consultation, for instance, 1 crystal per nail for a full set is tha same price as completely covering just 2 nails. I like to do my art different every time so the prices will vary but more often than not people pay £5 extra in total.

Saying starting at 50p per nails leaves you open to charge what you feel is right each time

I do alot of nail art and charge a flat rate insted of per nail. Im not sure if supplies over here are cheeper then back home but i only charge an extra $2 for nail art ontop of a basic manicure. Or if were doing gels or L&P then its $2 ontop of them.
I base my prices on my area and how often i use them. I buy from ebay and get alot of the little gems from HongKong. Takes me about a month to actually get them but i pay little and get alot in return. Plus they pay for themself with one client and last many clients after.

I would look at your pricelist and your area and what the public can generaly pay and base it off that. Where im at its been hit really bad with the economy and $2 additional is a good price that works for me and clients. Good luck :)

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your thoughts :) I appreciate it's going to be slightly different for each tec! :)

I wonder if it would be an idea to state 'nail art starts from 50p per nail, if you would like more than 1 type of nail art prices will be charged accordingly' and then add a small sentence underneath stating what types of art I have on offer.

Lol i can never make easy simple decisions such as this hehe.

U geeks are great :)

Jo xxx
Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

I charge 50p-£1 per nail depending on how complex the design usually then I don't add extra for gems but I do state on my price lists I do x

I'd just put
nail art starting from 50p

Theres no need to complicate it, if a client then wants nail art you can tell her the price of her request verbally. I don't charge for art such as flicks, my chargeable nail art is swarovski crystals and hand painted designs like my recent frogs, union jacks, leopard print etc. If just using a couple of gems on a whole set I dong charge as the client feels I'm throwing in an extra for her xXx

i charge £5 for simple nail art , like flicks and flowers and then £10 for more time consuming stuff with lots of detail, if the client wants two nails done i charge from 50P , hope that helps

jules

Thank you all :)

I knew it would vary from tec to tec.

I currently only have (on offer) swarovski crystals and I advertise them at 30p each or 5 for £1 so I think I will keep them listed seperately and then state nail art from 50p (or should it be the same?) and if they want a more complex design I can charge them occordingly.

I do have some canes that I want to eventually offer but I cant quite cut them thin enough (some are lol) for them not to be bulky on the top of the nail so I might just go with glitter and konad for now.

x

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back