How do you decide which system apropriate ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oceana

Reaction score
So........all you full service nail techs out there.........

How do you decide which system to use use on each client?

I would explain all the options to the client, at the end of the day its their descion.

I would ask in the consulation about their life, whether they think they are harsh on their nails, and what they expect from their enhancements. I personally prefer acrylics, but the systems can be mixed - ie acrylic for strengh with a gel overlay for shine and effect. At the end of the day the customer is paying me for my services, I can only explain the pro's and con's of each system as honestly and clearly as I can and let them make their own decision - and of course if someone told me they are heavy handed for example I might try and steer them towards acrylics as they can be the strongest. ~If you are a good technitian (which im sure you are):green: The effect will be as stunning whichever system you use !!

Clare baby..................I'm answering this as I don't want you to be a Johnny No Mates LOL.

In my experience, a technician often decides on what service to offer based on what they're best at. Sad, but true. xxx

Hi I usually explain the systems but I love to do U.V Acrylic because my asthma but I will do silk or gel if the client has a preference.
Alixxxx

Oceana said:
So........all you full service nail techs out there.........

How do you decide which system to use use on each client?
I base the decission on clients wish, then we both decide during the consultation if their wish can be their command ...lol....
The condition of the natural nail, the clients lifestyle and acitivites give me a clue.......

clients usually have a good idea of what they want, however, after a thorough client consultation you get a good idea as to which system would be best suited to their lifestyle (as Ruth said).
length of nails plays a major role in how long their nails will last too, clients who insist on having their nails too long (against our advice) normally 'see the light' :wink2:
i'm not a full service technician 'yet' but do offer the choice of 2 systems.

Latest posts

Back