How do you do a business profile instead of a fanpage or group on facebook?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nixnewcastle

CND Education Ambassador Newcastle
Reaction score
Ok geeks so I'm really wanting to do a business facebook account where I can add people as friends instead of having to get clients to like a fan page. I'm also wanting to do this as I can tag clients in pictures which will make a big impact on word of mouth I think.

Anyone know how to do this? X

could you just create a new email address from hotmail and use that to create your business profile, just like you would for your own facebook profile. i wouldnt know how to do it any other way, my page on facebook is a "like" page, but even then its not done properly , im not a tech wizard, lol

My understanding is businesses are not supposed to set up business profiles as it goes against the fb terms and conditions. The purpose of a fan page is that clients have a choice to come to you and like rather than you bombarding folk with friend requests. There was also an article in professional beauty about fb shutting down these profiles without notice. I'm no expert, but an open group may be the answer. I have a business page and it's been hard work to get likers. I'm told the first 200 are the hardest, so hoping this is true as just reached 207 x

Yeah I'm with trolleydolley on this 1 luv :) u r not supposed to have a seperate account for a business. I know a couple of ppl that have opened up another account and have gone adding ppl all over the place including my clients but from what I'm told by my clients they do not like this as they feel it is quite pushy. Obviously it is easier with a seperate account but it doesn't always come accross well. Ppl should have the freedom to come and like ur business without the pressure :) it is harder tho...my business page has only been open a couple of wks, it's reached 100 and taken a dead stop but that's the way it goes! The more work u do on ur page the more ppl like it :) and remember the ppl that u would tag in pics can still share ur link etc so word is still getting out to their friends and family :) hope it works out for u luv :) xxx

Mine is at 400 now. I would just love to be able to tag people in photos and statuses but you can't :(

Mine is at 400 now. I would just love to be able to tag people in photos and statuses but you can't :(

That's what I want to be able to do on my page! Can't see how it can't be done though. Also when I when I am in my fb page and I go onto 1 of my likers page to write on their wall, it writes it from my personal account not my pages. I don't understand as other people write on my wall with their pages name-am I missing something on both the tagging and wall writing?

Confuzzled!! Lol

Jo xxx
Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

That's what I want to be able to do on my page! Can't see how it can't be done though. Also when I when I am in my fb page and I go onto 1 of my likers page to write on their wall, it writes it from my personal account not my pages. I don't understand as other people write on my wall with their pages name-am I missing something on both the tagging and wall writing?

Confuzzled!! Lol

Jo xxx

What you need to do is go onto your own page & switch user to use facebook as your business page name. Oh, you need to like them 1st in your biz ID as well as your own profile.

What you need to do is go onto your own page & switch user to use facebook as your business page name. Oh, you need to like them 1st in your biz ID as well as your own profile.

Yeh I have done all of that and can only like the pics...how very strange!

since posting that above sentance I discovered I needed to go into my settings and alter the privicy levels a little to allow mt to tag :) Still havent solved the wall writing 1 though!

Jo xxx

Last edited:
Hi
Could you please tell me how to change my settings to allow me to do this cant seem to find how.
Welcome to Facebook
Is it because I am a group? Also would love to invite people who are not 'my friends' ie customers etc to join the group, is there anyway of doing this?
Thanks for your help
Jo

Hiya, not sure it would be the same for a group but on my page I had to go onto my 'edit page' button to the right, then click on the 'apps' to the left and I had to change my setting in the photo section to allow tagging.

It might be the same or similar so give it a go :)

Jo xxx

Latest posts

Back