How do you educate your clients about NSS salons?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BellaD

Reaction score
Hey,
I had a client in for BL smoothing gel and shellac this morning. This was her second appointment with me. She was honest that my price for the service was just not something she could afford to do every three weeks.

She has very ridged nails. The smoothing gel lasted on her ok for three weeks, however it was chipping and peeling when she came in.

I talked to her about what the different options were for her nails, from manicures to gels or acrylics. She wants nice nails, but I can tell she was having a hard time with my prices, when her daughter in LA gets "shellac" and Acrylics for $25.

All that back story to ask, how do you all approach the subject of NSS or discount salons to educate your clients without looking like you are slamming another salon? To me it is such a fine line and I feel that slamming another salon or tech is unprofessional, but I still want to educate my clients about proper practices and products, etc.

Hope that all make sense!

Yes I do try and explain to people ,i mostly do hair but do do natural nails, gelish and warps, so it's not like im trying to gain a client as I don't do enhancements, but some people just won't listen ,you see so much damage then people blame all acrylic and can't seem to understand there is a difference, annoying

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Scratch magazine had an article sometime ago about nss, mma and proper acrylics, I think I learnt it almost word for word, and I recite it to my clients. They seem to sit up and listen as it's all facts of the matter so it's not slandering them.

I just tell them straight. It's not slandering them. I explain about the product. I explain about e-files and their real use and how some salons use them wrong. I show them the right way. I don't talk about sordid iv salons in particular, I just say the wrong ways and right ways and my client tells me what they had last.

Laura xx

Scratch magazine had an article sometime ago about nss, mma and proper acrylics, I think I learnt it almost word for word, and I recite it to my clients. They seem to sit up and listen as it's all facts of the matter so it's not slandering them.

Can you remember which month it was in?? X

It was a long time ago, but tomorrow I will see if I can dig it out, I tend to keep the useful articles but maybe Scratch on line can help ?? My house is in disarray at moment with building work on, but will try and find it :D

I'm in same boat....
And I hear that for the lower price the nails are perfect for 3-4-5 weeks- so they #1 pay less #2 go to salon less!
Its frustrating! I do gel - we are $28 fill this includes nail polish (but who wants that- nobody) gel polish on top of gel is $10 extra (I think should be $5) so fill is $38 x every 2 weeks is $78 month approx......
NSS is about $30 gel fill with gel polish- and lasts 3-4-5 weeks.....
First off WHATS IN THEIR GEL to stay perfect soooooooo long other then growth....?
I explain I'm not drilling the gel into their nail & hurting them & burning them-but money & time TALK !!!

Ooo.. I'd like to know also

I've found 2 articles out of scratch magazine, not sure if you can read them,

Attachments

• 20140111_140145.jpg
    20140111_140145.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 142
  • 20140111_140112.jpg
    20140111_140112.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 132
I've found 2 articles out of scratch magazine, not sure if you can read them,

Thanks. I think I remember reading them. Will find them out and read them again I think. 😄

Latest posts

Back