How do you gain training in facial massage?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cabinkel

Reaction score
Hi there all! I have recently done a search and came across a thread on additional training in facials from skin care companies etc. Now, I am a working, qualified therapist, and aim to do 3 course a year to increase my knowledge or add new treatments. In addition to my initial training, I trained with Dermalogica as a salon I worked in used them, but I now work from a salon at my home. My question is, (i know, get to the point)! how do I gain additional FACIAL massage training? I know when you take on a product range you get training, but obviously, I cannot take on every product range just to get more training, lol! A beauty academy near me offered a facial massage course using accupressure/shiatsu movements, which I did last year, but how else can I? My passion is facials, so I NEED to do a course every year, lol!!!! Any ideas?

I am the same I love facials and find anything to do with facial training really interesting. I'm not really sure what you've done already so I'll just tell what training I've done and with which companies:

Dermalogica's Dermal Insitute do fantastic training in different areas of skincare; there classes are really informative and there's loads to choose from.

Aromatherapy facial massage is another course I loved, as I already did Aromatherapy body massage, which included the face but in this I learned a lot more.

Refresher courses with your product supplier are also good, if done by a different trainer as I've found different ones have different personal hints & tips about treatments & products.

I've done lots more training, think I might be addicted! If you'd like to know anything else let me know.

Thank you, an aromatherapy facial massage course might be worth looking at! I too trained at the Dermal Inst and they were great, but that was about 3 yrs ago! I would love to do some Elemis, Decleor or Clarins training, (as I always love their facials) but understand you cant train with them if you do not take on their product range! just not sure whatelse I can try!!:eek: I do have facials myself on a very regular basis, and do pick up tips, but no where near as good as formal training, obviously. I just think its very important to refresh/learn every year! Any other suggestions would be most welcome, lol

Im going to do a facelifting massage with Gateway Workshops™ | Professional Courses, Products and Services when i can.They also do hot stone facials. Indian head massage would be a good one to learn.I often incorporate indian head massage into my facials.
I dont think you need to train in facial massage every year, develop your very own signature massage.My massage combines all my skills, lymph drainage, aromatherapy ,reiki indian head and swedish.Its my own massage and i never do the same one on anybody.

Im going to do a facelifting massage with
Gateway Workshops™ | Professional Courses, Products and Services when i can.They also do hot stone facials. Indian head massage would be a good one to learn.I often incorporate indian head massage into my facials.
I dont think you need to train in facial massage every year, develop your very own signature massage.My massage combines all my skills, lymph drainage, aromatherapy ,reiki indian head and swedish.Its my own massage and i never do the same one on anybody.

Sounds great, I will have a look thanks. I have already done Indian Head Massage, and do incorporate this, but I am hungry for more, lol!! I dont do the same massage on all, but I do feel I would like to increse my repetoire (sp?) of moves. My training that I do each year is across the whole range of treatments that I offer not just facials, (sorry, I prob didnt explain well) for example, I did advanced waxing January, Im doing a Calgel course June so fancy a facial one also! Thanks for replies ladies!

ive never heard of an indian massage what is that?

ive never heard of an indian massage what is that?

It is a massage of the top of the back area, shoulders, neck, scalp, and sometimes face, (depending on client) It is a clothed massage, and clients are usually seted in a comfy chair. Its a lovely treatment to have!

The problem with incorporating all your own moves in a facial is that most big brands have their own specific routine and they do not like you to deviate away from this at all.The idea is that a client can go into any salon that uses that particular range,i.e Darphin and the massage will always be the same.

I like to use my own moves with the Eve Taylor and I am pleased that they dont have a specific massage routine,however if I hadn't done any other training,I think I would have struggled to give as good a facial as say someone who had big brand training.

Indian head massage is an excellent way of incorporating other movements into your facials,getting other treatments from salons gives you lots of tips,as mentioned.Videos and books give lots of tips,but as already mentuioned most professional companies wont train you unless you are going to use their product range,kind of gives away their trade secrets I guess.:green:

Latest posts

Back