how do you get the proper c curve with gels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ariaaland

Reaction score
hi everyone this has been a worrying issue for me for quite some time and i would love your assistance. When curing sculpted gels how do you achieve the proper "c" curve on it. i find that even though i may apply the form correctly when the hand goes under the lamp the form is pressed down a bit inadvertently by the person i practice on. which results in it losing its original curve. therefore the nail comes out a bit flat. what i have tried to do is to place the hand under the lamp, flash cure it for a bout 10 seconds take out the finger and sort of pinch a c curve on the sculpted nail and place it back under the lamp. what do you think of this technique is it okay to do this or i may be compromising the finished result. i use ibd and amore gels at the moment and its practice on myself and non paying friends not on clients. i have a new gel client (paying) coming in this weekend so i would love to know what the best approach is. thanks you

first of all hun... train your clients... if they want flat looking nails then let them 'squish' the form....lol.... sorry that sounds blunt... but you get the idea... if they understand why you have to keep the form where it is then they are less likely to let it move ;)

i have pinched gel nails before but if you havent had the relevent training in this area... i wouldnt recommend it first off.... speak with your educator about it and im sure they will be able to offer you a workshop or something.....

hth

Jess
xox

You need to let your models & paying client know that you need their co-operation also.
Gently easing the form into shape is an option BUT ....Teaching future models/clients to work with you is the ideal outcome.
As you progress you find, how - where and why you prefer items placed on your desk in certain places - clients positioned in a certain way & how you need to be seated to perform the tasks required.
All comes with practice....
Good luck
XX J XX

thank you but i have no educator to teach me anything. long story tell you some other time. but i will just go with the advice you have given me now

If you are using a form, like the CND performance forms then you can tear off one side of the bottom wings and fold it under.

So instead of it looking like a 'v' at the bottom it becomes a barrell. This allows the finger to go into the lamp without the form being pushed up.

HTH

Envy said:
If you are using a form, like the CND performance forms then you can tear off one side of the bottom wings and fold it under.

So instead of it looking like a 'v' at the bottom it becomes a barrell. This allows the finger to go into the lamp without the form being pushed up.

HTH
or you can cut it off just under where it's sstuck together.

You can also turn the lamp and the hand upside down to cure! This creates a c-curve. It's a little trickier to accomplish but it works. You can freeze cure it upside down if you like, then turn the lamp right-side-up to finish curing. It's fiddly but it might be worth a try.

HTH
Laura

ariaaland said:
thank you but i have no educator to teach me anything. long story tell you some other time. but i will just go with the advice you have given me now

well hunnio.... if you can pay my airfare and expenses...im sure i could fly out for a class or two!.... lol :cool:

Sparklepink said:
well hunnio.... if you can pay my airfare and expenses...im sure i could fly out for a class or two!.... lol :cool:

If I pay your expenses, will you come and train me in gel too?!? I live in sunny Luton! Much better than the caribbean!!!! LOL! I wish! x

ive got a decent curve by angling the tips using a gel glue
x

joolz said:
ive got a decent curve by angling the tips using a gel glue
x
the c-curve is the arch from side to side when you look down the barrel of the nail.

well i thought we were on about curves in general and flat nails:cry: (sorry only trying to help)
xx

joolz said:
well i thought we were on about curves in general and flat nails:cry: (sorry only trying to help)
xx
of course you were, no need to be sorry, when peeps say c-curve that's what it means

Latest posts

Back