How do you pick up crystals for nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angie555

Reaction score
Hi. I have just bought some fabulous swarovski crystals for nails. They are gorgeous but so small to handle! I also bought the special tweezers for handling beads etc. but the crystals are so tiny that placing them carefully in exactly the right position is a real problem. Can anyone else tell me how they go about it please? I really want to expand on this but want to do a perfect job for my clients. Any help will be very much appreciated.:rolleyes:

Hi,
I fund the best way to pick them up is using a damp orange wood stick, damp it with water, polish remover and you can use a tiny bit of clear polish

Gem x

I have tried many things over the years and have yet to find anything as good as a tiny piece of Blu Tac stuck on the end of something like an orangewood stick.

Shape it into a tiny point and just touch it to the crystal and then onto the nail.

Easy, cheap, and replaceable
:hug:

Hi Angie,
I put a tiny bit of blu tac on an orangewood stick and pick them up and apply like that, works a treat! I did buy a special pick up stick to do it but they kept falling off, this is cheap, cheerful and it works! kx

Hi Angie,
I put a tiny bit of blu tac on an orangewood stick and pick them up and apply like that, works a treat! I did buy a special pick up stick to do it but they kept falling off, this is cheap, cheerful and it works! kx

Snap :lol: great minds think alike :hug:

I use an orangewood stick with a teeny bit of vaseline on the end

Hi i use an orange stick with blu tac, works perfectly. :)

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

A slightly dampened orange stick for me.

I buy my crystals from Scatter Crystals.co.uk - i got a Jewel setter from them too, but the blue tac on an orange wood stick would work just as well....:hug:

Jewel Setter Pack of 2

I have tried many things over the years and have yet to find anything as good as a tiny piece of Blu Tac stuck on the end of something like an orangewood stick.

Shape it into a tiny point and just touch it to the crystal and then onto the nail.

Easy, cheap, and replaceable
:hug:

excellent idea. that sure beats orangewood and spit. lol

I use a dampened orangewood stick. Cheap and easy.

What is Blue Tac?

This is something I'm interested in doing...how do you guys take them off when people come back to get them taken off though? Is there something that dissolves the glue? Also what brands of crystals and glues do you use? Thanks!

I use pointy ended orange stick pushed into the end of hard wax, like a candle. I acutally bought it for a few pence at a show, it came in a little box with a lid.

Gives just enough stick to pick up crystal but not so much you can't get the little critter off!

Karaxxx

Blu Tac is on the end of an orangewood stick is without doubt the best method. If you use wax or vasaline, you run the risk of leaving a little bit on the crystal which could affect the top coat you use.

I do hotfix crystals onto clothing where you need literally 100s for a design. Blu tac on a stick works for this too where you have to pick the crystals up by the backing.

Latest posts

Back