How do you protect your business?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nixnewcastle

CND Education Ambassador Newcastle
Reaction score
Hey fellow geeks just looking for some inspirational ideas of what things you as a business owner do to protect your business.

I've just taken on a full time member of staff who is a fab therapist. Currently she isn't making her wage and is being paid from what I am making in the hope that she picks up and gets her own clients and I will then eventually recoup my money plus profit.

The thing I'm worried about is me investing training etc in her and just as she starts making me money her then leaving and taking the clients with her that she's built up.

How do you or what tips can you give me on how to prevent this happening?

What sort Of contract do you have in place?

I have signed a contract where it was agreed if I left within 1,2,3 years I would have to repay 100/50/25% of the cost of the training I'd done.

Secondly you can have something stipulating that you r salon owns all the customer info & under no circumstances can she take client details home or contact clients while she is out of hours. She must not contact clients or it is constructive dismissal without notice etc.

I am not saying you can definitely do these things as I haven't myself but as examples you can try have an absolutely watertight contract with her. Also incentivise her by paying commission on up selling bookings & products etc?

If you l

*lay down the law from the outset she will know you won't stand for nonsense. If you're soft & hope she just behaves exactly how you want you're asking for trouble. Xx

Have it in her contract that if she leaves in x year or 2 then she has to pay you back, its normal.

Above said about clients. No one OWNS clients, you may own the paper they are written on, but not the actual person. It would be best to cads it as a breach of confidentiality if they stole the clients details.

If she has a written contract, maybe have a page written up about education with te date and type of education on it stating times etc of repayment xoxo

Latest posts

Back