How do you shake yours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gawjus36

Reaction score
Shaking my Shellac is proving to be seriously painful. I have changed my technique three times and each time I end up with a different ache or pain! So tell me, how do you shake yours?

I hold it in my right and bang it against my left. :)

That was my original technique but that resulted in a really sore hand! Is it working ok for you Deanosnanna?

Thanks Noodle, according to these threads I'm over zealous! Hmmm, I need to find a happy medium. I've read several threads where it's concluded that the bottles are not shaken well enough and long enough so I am very vigorous with my shaking. Over cautious? Maybe.
Half a bottle of red? Definitely, it's Friday night!

For goodness sake! Just be reasonable!

I tap the bottle against the palm of my left hand for about 30 seconds and that is it.

Of course we are using all colours regularly ; not using it on a client once a month.

If you haven't used a colour in ages then take a little more time to thoroughly mix. But normally in a busy salon, 30 seconds will do the trick.

I bought in the robart paint shaker battery version from the US.

I'm still building a client base, so do not use my Shellac colours every day. I was told by my CND EA to shake the colours and top coat as vigrously as I could for 60 seconds during my "Shellac Brings Em Back" class.

I got fed up with the arm ach so woosted out and cheated by getting the robart paint shaker. I've only used it a few times to date but the Shellac has been lovely and well mixed. Glad I did, if nothing else, I'm no longer worried that I've not mixed it well enough any more.

Sam xx

That was my original technique but that resulted in a really sore hand! Is it working ok for you Deanosnanna?

Yes, it works well. :)

I have a Robarts paint shaker....clients think its hilarious....x

I hold it in my right and bang it against my left. :)

I do this too. If you shake too vigorously (as in up and down) you get a load of Shellac in the lid which runs down the brush handle and dobs, resulting in waste (and cross nail techs) x

I use my right hand to bang the bottle against the "heel" of my left hand. It's quite a hard area so doesn't hurt at all... If I have a Shellac client that day, I shake it for 30 seconds before leaving the house. Then it gets a little more shaken up in the car on the way. When I get to the client, I then shake it again for 15 seconds.

I've never had a problem... xx

I never realised that Shellac-shaking was such an art. :D

Do not some of you think that a little too much is said about this? I don't think I have ever agitated the bottle for more than 30 seconds ... Probably not even that long, if I think about it!

I probably don't even shake mine for 20 seconds but I shake really really hard haha. Probably don't shake enough really because I feel like a right melon sitting there infront of my client shaking! I've never had any problems though and on training wasn't told to shake for ages and ages either x

Latest posts

Back