How do you sterilise your diamond heads?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pebbles#1

Reaction score
Looking for advice on sterilising the diamond heads used for dermabrasion.
I have been unable to find any cold sterilising solution with rust inhibitors, and an autoclave is a huge amount of money!
I have looked at ultrasonic cleaners, but do these sterilise ???

Would love to know what you are all using for sterilisation.

:confused:

Hi, I had an ultrasonic provided with my machine and you add barbicide to water and place them in a basket its really quick. That's what I was told to do on my training - did yours not advise you ?

Hi not sure where to post this? I need to buy diamond heads for my machine but unsure of best place to buy
Can anyone help?

Thanks

Beau-ty,
I was told autoclave or cold water sterilising solution.
The only sterilising solution I have found is one by Ellisons, but this doesn't have rust inhibitors in, and an autoclave is a huge expense.
I have even been on the Mundo website, they do not do a cold water sterilising solution at all, only a sanitising solution with rust inhibitors.
I know Silhoutte were offering an Ultrasonic machine with the purchase of their dermabrasion unit, but didn't know if this was to clean the head prior to sterilisation?
Thank you for your reply :)

Hi. I am using Barbicide in a little screw pot and just leave the heads in until the next client. Never had problem with rust.

Hi. I am using Barbicide in a little screw pot and just leave the heads in until the next client. Never had problem with rust.

There is always a little conflict around this area. ..I was always told that barbicide was for disinfection but never for sterilisation.... is this correct? ...I suppose I should look it up. ..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

No barbicide sanitises your tools.. It is only autoclave etc that sterilises your tools. But barbicide works just as well as long as it is mixed properly and changed frequently!! X

Nicola! Xxx

Barbicide is a disinfectant but if you check what it does ( I have looked in the Beauty express catalogue because you got me curious) it kills all the main virues, Hiv, Hep etc in 30 secs) and doesn't rust.
I use this as instructed on my training in the little machine as I like to stick to whats advised, so I would go with what you have been told or query it more.
I don't use this for my other implements but I still use a chemical one but its a 7 day one so I don't ned to change it everyday. There are many to choose from I think Barbicide was the original one.

Latest posts

Back