How do you stop pimples after threading/waxing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipster

Reaction score
I usually wax my own lip and every now and again might get the odd pimple. I’ve gotten threading done twice recently on my chin so I got my lip waxed while I was there and have had bad breakouts on both areas. Why does this happen? I would have thought threading would have been better and I’m also confused because when I wax my lip its fine. Is it to do with the prep or after care?

I also purposefully don’t touch the area after its done so I don’t clog the pores.

Me too !! Would like more info on this also !! X

I apply a bit of nappy cream to the area and I don't get them when I do this

Rather than applying after wax lotion or oil, i apply isopropyl alcohol to the area. It stings but it works. My male clients use this method as their hair is deep rooted and it really works

I agree with Kirsty. I have a few clients that get this after being waxed every single time on their eyebrows and lip. I've used a couple of things But personally for me The best thing I've ever used to stop this is salycillic acid. Benefit cosmetics sell a good little tube of it called boobo Zap. If you apply after waxing there's never any spots at all! It does sting a bit though like Kirsty said but nothing to worry about!
Hope this helped

I agree with Kirsty. I have a few clients that get this after being waxed every single time on their eyebrows and lip. I've used a couple of things But personally for me The best thing I've ever used to stop this is salycillic acid. Benefit cosmetics sell a good little tube of it called boobo Zap. If you apply after waxing there's never any spots at all! It does sting a bit though like Kirsty said but nothing to worry about!
Hope this helped
Would you only use that on a client that had experienced spots or on everyone? Some people might get annoyed putting something stingy on after already waxing.

It doesn't sting that much, more of a tingle or some people feel nothing.
I don't feel anything when I use it! I used to use it on everyone but now only use i on people that need it so it doesn't go to waste :)

Only those that need it

Latest posts

Back