How do you use Avolve?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarahlucy

Reaction score
I use Avolve, its an ok system but I dont use the exfoliator tool because I was advised against using it, and suggested that buffing the natural nail plate was the best way to prevent lifting with Avolve... So what are the steps for using the exfoliator and tool?? :)

Last edited:
The best person to answer all your questions is nailzoo (Carl). He's the man when it comes to Avolve.

Avolve also have tutorial video links on their website. avolvenails.com

Check out carls (nailzoo) videos on youtube. They show you exactly how to use the brush and tool with the avolve exfoliator.

The beauty of the avolve system is that it doesnt need you do buff the natural nail at all.

If your prep work is spot on you wont have any problems with lifting.

Whilst i havent been using avolve for very long, i have never had any issues with lifting, because i have made sure my prep is right.

I'm an Avolve user, it's a great system and use the exfoliator tool with excellent results.

Out of curiosity, may I ask why were you advised not to use the tool? Did they tell you the tool would damage...or something else again?

Thanks. :green:

Last edited:
Avolve is getting rave reviews in Australia, all you have to do is follow the instructions.

Just like any product, when people get lazy, cut corners, and mix products, problems can arise.

Avolve is all about preserving the natural nailplate, a deep cleanse of the nailpate, cleaning out the natural nail grooves allowing the product to anchor itself in the natural grooves, rather than man/woman made scratches, which in most cases can flatten out the surface of the nailplate (both thinning and damaging it) and actually hinder adhesion.

Most techs I have spoken to that have issues with using the tool, are not being thorough with their prep and just want to slap the acrylic onto a poorly prepped nail and rush the client out the door.

After being properly trained/shown what respect for the natural nail actually does, have no problems whatsoever.

Seems you have been doing nails for many years Sarah and were probably trained the old fashioned way, further training can never go astray.

Research and development of products has come a long way, you no longer have to scratch the nail surface of the natural nail to get proper and long lasting adhesion.

Perhaps you can give me a run through of your preparation process so I can help you.

In the meantime, you can check out this video, it shows the prep routine how it is "meant" to be.

But if you want to be lazy, I guess you could buff the nail, it would depend on how much you care about the nail underneath. How would you choose to remove the cuticle though? Or weren't you taught the importance of that?

YouTube - Acrylic Nails - Natural Looking Acrylic Nails Part 1

I use Avolve, and I use it with the tool. The whole point of avolve is to use the exfoliator and the tool instead of a buffer, so buffing instead of using the tool kinda makes using Avolve pointless.

I found that Avolve tends to get airbubbles more than other brands, so I had to go up two sizes in my brush to apply more product at a time to prevent over-working the product. It didn't take long to get used to, and my clients absolutely LOVE the smell of Avolve products.

Use the tool - it's half the point of using Avolve!

Latest posts

Back