How far do you travel for extension consultations?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuzion

Reaction score
The question is above?? Just wondered what the extensionists amongst us do? I say if they live outside of my town then they must come to me for this, but I will go to them for fitting. 8 out of 10 don't turn up, so I only book them when I'm working from home. Above all if I had to travel 20-30 miles for a consultation they would have to wait weeks. I do know some extensionists that ask client to send a photo but I'm not happy to do this. I've asked a lady to send me some of her hair, but not to sure if that would work.

What do you all do?

(-: xx

I travel only so far,any further than motherwell I charge a small fee for travel, you find that a lot of your clients are willing to travel to you or salon or who will meet you half way if you both live quite far. X. If you have a car then you should be fine. - don't mind travelling for 45 mins but any longer I would charge a fee sometimes I have to get a taxi and it is expensive.

I let them come to me for it - if they really can't get to me, I travel up to 15 miles FOC and then charge thereafter. Fuel prices are rising which is harsh right now :( xx

For consultations I rather them come to me as my time is precious and it's hard to get around sometimes and there and back can end up taking 2 hours out of my day. But if they really can't then they pay for travel and so.

It also help as I have all the hair here for them too feel and all my colour samples as well as a dummy to show the various techniques.

Sometimes I do ask them to send an image though as I have a special program that can then find right colour. This is not always accurate though because of lightning etc and finding the different colours so I do recommend them coming to me.

For appointments I travel to their house though.

Latest posts

Back