How green are you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marketing-geek

Reaction score
How many of you are doing (or would like to do) your bit for our environment and use products that are refillable, non-aerosol etc?

If it doesn't bother you - tell us why!

marketing-geek said:
How many of you are doing (or would like to do) your bit for our environment and use products that are refillable, non-aerosol etc?

If it doesn't bother you - tell us why!

I am gonna be completely honest here,but i sort of think that by the time any real drastic and lifethreatening damage is done,neither me or my family will be around,and as i type i know that sounds completely selfish,it's not meant to and it's not that i don't care it's just that if i am honest it's easier to not think about any damage the products i use cause,rather than searching for ones that are environmentally friendly.

I'll do it before anyone else does .....:smack:

I'm not consciously 'green' but i do tend to use more refillable bottles, maybe because they're available and are more cost effective.
On the home front I'm really aware of biodegradable cleaning products but that has a lot to do with having a septic tank instead of mains sewers, biodegradable products don't affect the bacteria in the tank, therefore the tank doesn't fill up quite as fast as the bacteria reduces the 'contents', let's not go down the contents route lol. so i suppose, yes, i am environmentally aware, but it might not be for the right reasons, if you know what I mean.

ValencianNails said:
I'm not consciously 'green' but i do tend to use more refillable bottles, maybe because they're available and are more cost effective.
On the home front I'm really aware of biodegradable cleaning products but that has a lot to do with having a septic tank instead of mains sewers, biodegradable products don't affect the bacteria in the tank, therefore the tank doesn't fill up quite as fast as the bacteria reduces the 'contents', let's not go down the contents route lol. so i suppose, yes, i am environmentally aware, but it might not be for the right reasons, if you know what I mean.

Good point about refills being more cost effective (at least they should be!). If more were available and the price was appealing, maybe more people would think this way. You'd be green without realising!

I try my best to be as green as possible and recycle all my containers but I will try to do even better and use more refillables.:hug:

I do try by not using aerosols, I buy large sizes of things and decant into a smaller, more user friendly bottle. I recycle all our plastic, tins, paper etc. rather than just using the big black bin.

I probably could do more though.

I have a large black bag of empty bottles that I don't know what to do with (no they are not wine bottles before you lot start :lol: ), they are empty Scentations bottles, scrubfresh, etc.

Can I get them refilled? (yes I know you can buy huge refill bottles and refill them but I wasn't using enough to warrant the extra spends initially, so have lots of smaller bottles left over)
Can I send them somewhere to be recycled (not in a plastics recycling way, but in a use them again for what they were originially produced way)

I prefer to use non-areosols if possible but I'm not religious about it.

And like most of us, I wish there was something useful we could do with the off cuts of tips :D

Haven't government have started to send people out to find out what people are throwing away. i think they are going to implement a fining system for people who throw things away that should be recycled! i try to do it but the odd thing sneaks into the black bag. i defo buy refills as it is more cost effective this way x

i try to be green as much as i can without overly thinking about it. yes i probably could do more

I buy refills to fill up what ever runs out, ie hand soap, laundry powder, laundry soaker, preen and so on. Also my main thing to the environment is that I use Enjo to clean and dont buy cleaning products that are harmful to the environment.
xxxx:hug:

Rachel Mary said:
I buy refills to fill up what ever runs out, ie hand soap, laundry powder, laundry soaker, preen and so on. Also my main thing to the environment is that I use Enjo to clean and dont buy cleaning products that are harmful to the environment.
xxxx:hug:
I prefer the greener option myself.
I'm guessing Enjo is similar to Ecover who do 'green' laundry & cleaning products...well I like to use those too,
& would like to know about any 'green' sanitizing products available.
Over to you Nigel lol :)

Apex73 said:
I prefer the greener option myself.
I'm guessing Enjo is similar to Ecover who do 'green' laundry & cleaning products...well I like to use those too,
& would like to know about any 'green' sanitizing products available.
Over to you Nigel lol :)

Obviously, thorough and safe infection control is our priority, but we do our bit for the environment in the following ways:

1. we don't have any aerosol products (there are 'green' alternatives)
2. we have refill packs for many lines
3. our instrument & tool disinfectants DO NOT need changing every day - (only once or twice a week depending on which one you use)
4. all our packaging is recyclable.

We are constantly looking at ways to be more 'green' as part of our research & development.:)

Its reassuring to know this! :)
I cant help but think of the greener aspect, I want my kids to inherit a relativley safe & clean world!
just my cheesy but humble opinion! x

Apex73 said:
Its reassuring to know this! :)
I cant help but think of the greener aspect, I want my kids to inherit a relativley safe & clean world!
just my cheesy but humble opinion! x

Environmental responsibility is a part of our company ethos - and our home ethos too!

We all have a part to play - no matter how small. If everybody did just one more thing, think of the difference it could make.

Latest posts

Back